Getting Rid of Stray Cats

fLuiD

For the past week, the cats have been pooing a few inches closer to my car and my yard has little mounds of cat poo forming a trail to my car. I am about to go crazy here!

Are you sure it's cat poop? I assume you've seen them do this, but most cats I've seen prefer to use the bathroom in a wooded/hidden area.

If someone has an outdoor cat, there's really no way to control where the cat goes unless you start leashing him and walking him like a dog, which brings a whole host of other problems (such as when you encounter the neighborhood german shepherd also on his walk).

Most of the time stray cats will go to the bathroom in a garden or other areas where there is dirt, sand, or mulch to dig in.

I agree with Sophie that it's weird for them to leave it out in the open like that. Are you sure it is not skunks or racoons doing it? We have them in my neighborhood and they are the ones that make a mess on the grass, not the cats.

Most of the time stray cats will go to the bathroom in a garden or other areas where there is dirt, sand, or mulch to dig in.

I agree with Sophie that it's weird for them to leave it out in the open like that. Are you sure it is not skunks or racoons doing it? We have them in my neighborhood and they are the ones that make a mess on the grass, not the cats.

Yeah, that's my feeling too. We have some neighbors' cats that come visit but I've never seen them poop on a driveway or really anywhere that's very exposed.

I can relate. I have the same problem where I live and trust me, folks, cats will and do poo out in the open. On pavement, on porches and on top of garden dirt.

Also, herbal and other scented deterrents are a waste of your money- I've been there, done that. The motion sensor sprinkler might work, except it will also work on you when you go out into the yard!

I've trapped them and called animal control to haul them away. Hopefully, the owners think twice about letting them out when they have to bail them out of the pound. If they don't get bailed out, it's better than getting run over by a car or dying of a disease. This has happened to my neighbor's cats repeatedly, and they still let them out.

Archived