Question about Eharmony...

ladyjane83

You have to rotate and update pictures and your profile.

Unlike the boys on there with no jobs, no goals and no ambition...

I've got a job, goals and am heading places...so when I meet a serious girl I look like a diamond in the rough.

..but of the 3 girls I've met...1 wanted a ring, money, house, car and life...as she had none

1 wanted a free meal - sex - she had 3 kids no job and was house sitting a trailer...she got the dinner, but that's where it ended...didn't call her back.

1 serious - seems cool, good head on her shoulders, ex was useless and she's done with that so I look good. Will see where this goes.

Best of the free has been Plenty of Fish

best paid....haven't found one yet....Match has been ok as far as finding women ...Eharmony - did it for awhile...just sooooo many hoops to jump through for every connection....If I like the profile I'd prefer to have a drink with the girl and see if we connect...not spend 1 week answering stupid questions back and forth...over and over...it's ugh....

YOU HAVE TO THINK: THE MORE LINES I PUT IN THE WATER THE BETTER THE CHANCE....you have to go all out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only experience with online dating was through eHarmony and I thought that it sucked. I met some physically attractive women, but they all had emotional issues. Maybe it was because I didn't use the service long enough, but I was not impressed at all. Although I live in a big city, it almost seemed like certain women were matched with me just because we lived in the same city.

Another odd thing about eHarmony is that they frequently sent me matches for women who were much taller than me. I am 5'8.5" tall and sometimes do attract women who are a little bit taller than me when I randomly meet them on my own in the real world. However, in the online world women almost universally want someone taller than them - eHarmony must know this, yet they sent me many taller matches for some reason. I even received some matches for women that were close to 6 inches taller than me!

If you don't want to date taller women, all you have to do is specify that in your preferences.

Probably what happened is that the women had relaxed their preferences to say that they were OK with dating a man who was shorter -- and that is why they were sent to you.

I am 5'6" and while I prefer men to be my height or taller, that is not a deal breaker for me, so I said so in my preferences. I was matched with a number of guys who were several inches shorter than me and I had no problem with that.

Out of boredom and curiosity, I figured I'd see what this was all about. I finish the test and:

"We're very sorry, but our matching system cannot predict good matches for you."

There's a flippin' surprise.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Even eHarmony knows I'm supposed to be alone.

Archived