Over-reacting or just right?

annie24

yeah, jen is 36 and i think she just really wants to settle down. ugh, i know it was drama. jen didn't completely drop me, but i was scheduled in really depending on kevin's schedule. like she suddenly had time to hang out at night with me when he was out of town on business or she could get lunch with me easily. she told me he also felt like she had to be there at these weekly events with seth and colleen because she knew so many of kevin's exes would be there. i think that she felt insecure in that regard (who wouldn't!?) and then colleen went and apologized to her and said she just wanted more female friends and she's never really had female friends before (gee, wonder why?)

i also think it's good that it ended. at first, he seemed like a really good father. but as she spent more time with him, it's clear that he's just very selfish. like his daughter has softball practice on the same day that he has his weekly thing this summer (wednesday). he rolled his eyes to her and said, "but that's my night!" he has her every other wednesday. she said, 'ok dad, i don't have to go....' i mean, how sad is that? he's putting his stupid weekly event over his daughter's sport? he could still go every other week. oh, and jen complained that he would drink too much before driving his kids somewhere. he's a guy, he can take a drink or two, but she said he would have 5 or 6 or more, and still drive. that is NOT ok.

most of all, i feel sad for the kids. they seemed like they were really opening up to jen and really liking her and she was liking them as well. and now she's gone. it sounds like these kids have had like a parade of girlfriends in and out of their lives. i just don't think it's a good thing for them. and i don't think it's good for them to have a father that drinks and drives. (he thinks he can handle it. sigh) i hope this doesn't end badly.

yeah, it gets hard to make plane reservations at this point. and even if she could get a cheap flight, i just can't see her parting with the amount of money it would require on this trip. i think i'll just tell her what you suggested if she brings it up.

Archived