My sister passed away suddenly last week....

My sister passed away last Thursday, suddenly. It's been SO hard to deal with. Now, to top it off, I've found out that my "boyfriend" has been spreading vicious lies about me (says I won't let him see his "kids", which are actually his ex-wife's kids, NOT his.....and I haven't kept him from seeing them). My heart is so heavy now that I don't know what to deal. My sister was the only family I have in the state I live in other than my daughter and her kids. I have noone to talk to or grieve with and it's just too hard. My oldest son passed away 5 years ago, and I still haven't gotten over that, either. Any suggestions on POSITIVE things I can do to bring myself back up?

I am SO sorry to hear about this. Please be kind to yourself and give your self all the time you need to get to a place where you can cope effectively. Your sister and your son will ALWAYS be in your heart. Have you seen a grief counsellor for either loss?

I'm very sorry to hear about both of your losses. That is a lot to bear. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. Just know that they're in a better place, your sister is looking over your son and they're both watching over you now at peace.

Have you sought counseling of any sort?

I live in grief each and every day. It never goes away, but I have learned to manage. There is no magic answer, but staying busy helps. One thing I do to pass the time is enter sweepstakes. I know it sounds silly, but the more I have to do, the less I think about all the sad things that are going on around me.

Archived