My Boyfriend thinks i'm insane...am I?

Siena

Lol I don't think your insane and i don't really see why everyone is giving you a hard time. If im correct you and your friend just want to experience working in a difficult environment you arnen't used to and see who can survive the longest? Sometimes its fun to challenge yourself especially with a bet for motivation, so go for it!

i knew men wud understand me on that better, hahaha

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a well paid job....so how come u never thought abt something fun or crazy ?

Out of extreme curiosity, what makes you think I haven't? Why is it that because I do not think this endeavor you have embarked on being very alluring that I haven't done anything fun or crazy? I have done more fun and crazy things than I have fingers or toes to count on....my whole point here was maybe this is more haughty taughty than fun and crazy? I dunno, just wondering. It seems more self serving than fun and crazy.

To me fun and crazy is mountain biking on a treacherous trek or wild and crazy nights on the town. Mocking people who are working hard never really came to mind.

Out of extreme curiosity, what makes you think I haven't? Why is it that because I do not think this endeavor you have embarked on being very alluring that I haven't done anything fun or crazy? I have done more fun and crazy things than I have fingers or toes to count on....my whole point here was maybe this is more haughty taughty than fun and crazy? I dunno, just wondering. It seems more self serving than fun and crazy.

To me fun and crazy is mountain biking on a treacherous trek or wild and crazy nights on the town. Mocking people who are working hard never really came to mind.

well...maybe my idea of fun is a little taboo for u..

but do tell, what crazy u've done, maybe u can inspire me...

I bet when u go to rodeo dr in beverly hills and see the worst waitresses - u can bet its us

Siena, are you sure you don't waitress as your day job? I don't mean this in any knocking way or anything, just some of your responses almost make one think maybe you are a waitress and you are trying to conjure up a lot of ire and dramatics over this industry out of bad blood for it or something. This whole thread is a bit odd. Your response to Miss Firecracker is totally out of left field.

People who get hired to do technical analysis for financial companies generally know how to spell. So, A) I don't believe you, and B) I think your idea is a little crazy to boot.

U made me laugh a little - thanks i guess u do know a lot abt technical analysis, spelling is the key - hahaha

and yes, i've already heard that im crazy before (read above) but thanks for saying what ppl said before like 100...

U made me laugh a little - thanks i guess u do know a lot abt technical analysis, spelling is the key - hahaha

and yes, i've already heard that im crazy before (read above) but thanks for saying what ppl said before like 100...

Spelling, and the proper use of the dollar sign ($). The dollar sign ($) usually goes before the number 1000. (i.e. $1000).

Siena, are you sure you don't waitress as your day job? I don't mean this in any knocking way or anything, just some of your responses almost make one think maybe you are a waitress and you are trying to conjure up a lot of ire and dramatics over this industry out of bad blood for it or something. This whole thread is a bit odd. Your response to Miss Firecracker is totally out of left field.

G-Snap, i can totally understand why u might think the way u do, u were one of the first ones who responded negatively on my thread... u r totally entitled of ur own opinion, im not here to prove anything

G-Snap, i can totally understand why u might think the way u do, u were one of the first ones who responded negatively on my thread... u r totally entitled of ur own opinion, im not here to prove anything

But I didn't respond negatively. Contrary perhaps, but not negative. It wasn't a negative response at all, just an attempt to give you insight into his feelings on this.

Spelling, and the proper use of the dollar sign ($). The dollar sign ($) usually goes before the number 1000. (i.e. $1000).

oh really? sorry didnt ask ur opinion how i shd write it professor... i like it upfront anything else?

But I didn't respond negatively. Contrary perhaps, but not negative. It wasn't a negative response at all, just an attempt to give you insight into his feelings on this.

i know...u r right... u still didnt tell me what crazy things u did ?

How about instead of making a bet, you put that $1000 to good use and give it to some deserving charity? Sounds like money better spent, imo. I would love to have an extra $1000 to throw around like that. You and your friend sound very fortunate in these tough times - how about doing some good (charity) with all that extra cash you have lying around?

Aside from the socioeconomic moral dilemma this raises & the question of your reality, I still fail to see how this is fun or insane. I've been a waitress before & it was for the most part demanding, tedious & hard on the feet. Now if being yelled at, shortchanged & abused for 2 weeks is what you're after, why not just take that $1000 & visit Mexico (no offense to Mexicans, but it is a rather rough place for tourist right now)? At least then you'd get a tan.

What I don’t understand is you have $1,000 to blow-why not do something seriously insane? Like shark diving or free base jumping or buy a plane ticket to a country where you have no clue about the language & get yourself lost or go to Vegas, pick 5 random strangers to give $100 to & bet on who's the highest winner? I mean something that'll really make people go "(insert explicative of choice here)!". Waitressing? I'm sure 8 out of every 10 people have done that at some point in their lives.

For my "crazy things I do cred" which you seem to value, I have previously free dived with sharks, completed a McNab, participated in a pow-wow on the mall in DC, I plan to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro next year, and sometime within the next 5 yrs do a walk-n-stalk leopard hunt with my bow. For my every day zaniness, I’m working on learning a language used by less than 1% of the world’s population, open beer bottles with a ring and use a pencil with my toes. You know, useful things that my mom can be proud of.

Honestly, it doesn't sound fun. You say that we're all just boring and too conservative but...I can think of a thousand other activities that are far more interesting and wild.

This just sounds stupid. It doesn't sound fun at all.

And, honestly, if you are throwing around 1,000 dollars in a bet, you sound like a spoiled brat who has nothing better going on in their life.

Honestly, it doesn't sound fun. You say that we're all just boring and too conservative but...I can think of a thousand other activities that are far more interesting and wild.

This just sounds stupid. It doesn't sound fun at all.

And, honestly, if you are throwing around 1,000 dollars in a bet, you sound like a spoiled brat who has nothing better going on in their life.

but i am NOT talking abt anything else, i asked a specific question and it wasnt how shd i spend 1000$ to have fun. all i asked was an opinion in order to understand where my bf is coming from...simple as that

but i am NOT talking abt anything else, i asked a specific question and it wasnt how shd i spend 1000$ to have fun. all i asked was an opinion in order to understand where my bf is coming from...simple as that

And we all gave you our opinion. It was a resounding "Find something else better to do".

Archived