Ex and a good friend are dating

hers

See, that's teh thing. I have an AMAZING boyfriend. So incredible. I'm so extremely happy with him. So why am I letting this bother me so much???

It's only natural.. It's the mere fact that she was your friend and she knew that you dated him.

I have a great boyfriend and I'm so in love with him, but when I think back on what she did, I am still upset. It's not the fact that I'm jealous, because I was the one who broke things off with him. It's just knowing that she would jeopardize our friendship by doing what she did.

With friends like that who needs enemies?

My boyfriend thinks it's because I'm jealous or something. He wonders if it is. It's not at all. At first I was upset b/c I didn't want my ex to tell her stuff about me. But the more I thought about it, the more I got pissed, and still am pissed, about taht she crossed that proverbial boundary. Friends shouldn't do that, should they? Even if they're not your "best" friend, they still shouldn't do it, right?

My boyfriend thinks it's because I'm jealous or something. He wonders if it is. It's not at all. At first I was upset b/c I didn't want my ex to tell her stuff about me. But the more I thought about it, the more I got pissed, and still am pissed, about taht she crossed that proverbial boundary. Friends shouldn't do that, should they? Even if they're not your "best" friend, they still shouldn't do it, right?

It's not jealousy in the sense that you want him or anything. It's just... normal. Friends don't do that, period. And honestly... that status? That girl is no good. What's the story with her, anyway? Have you been friends for a long time?

I met her in an odd way, actually. She was living in Atlanta and I in our hometown (she's from the same town). I graduated college and the director of the tutor center I worked in before graduating told me to get in contact with this girl who had worked at the tutor center a few yrs before I did. Got in touch with her, and she ended up telling me the job she was in had an opening, her position actually since she was leaving. So I applied and landed the job before even meeting this girl. Ended up becoming good friends after I started working there as I became friends with her friends at that job. Have a lot in common with her--dont drink, love to laugh, like same things, very outgoing personalities. We got along well. Never got a bad vibe from her ever. She's an extremely sexual person, like really sexual, so we always talked in detail about our sex lives. Granted, I'm not interested in hearing about it now...

But I never got a bad vibe from her. Never thought she was shady or anything. Still don't know if I think she is. It's just unsettling.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived