Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, you said this: "So I guess I need to stock my house with food since my car will be gone during the week. It appears that his girlfriend isn't handling the news to well." And I wasn't sure what news you meant...

Oh yeah, she's freakin out that she wont be able to spend as much time with him as she has been for the past three years. She should be happy, he's finally going to be making money. She won't have to pay for their dates anymore. I think she has seperation anxiety or something. She is literally by his side every minute. haha.

Picked up some more Downey with coupons at Target today and got some clearanced Halloween M&M's with a coupon too. Score!! I have 4 of the grandbabies here right now. I left one here with my mom while I went to Target with the other one and came home to find two more here. YAY!!

I had promised Matthew a basketball last week and Nana always keeps her promises so I made sure to drop it off the other day. He told me today that it was the best basketball ever.

Oh yeah, she's freakin out that she wont be able to spend as much time with him as she has been for the past three years. She should be happy, he's finally going to be making money. She won't have to pay for their dates anymore. I think she has seperation anxiety or something. She is literally by his side every minute. haha.

Good Lord I couldn't be around L's side every minute since about 6 months, lol

Good Lord I couldn't be around L's side every minute since about 6 months, lol[/quote

I asked him one day, don't you get tired of having her around every second? He seems more relieved and relaxed when she does go to the occasional girls night out or baby shower. I told him that it's healthy for two people to have a little space. I think I would go insane if I spent every second with Jesse. Sometimes after a couple of days I miss him, but every waking second. Nah.....

Jade is a bottomless pit today. OMG, she she eaten so much and she's still trying to eat more. I told her to give it a rest, I will feed her dinner in a little while. She swears she is going to starve to death. Speaking of starving, I need to hit the market tonite or I will be starving next week. lol

Picked up some more Downey with coupons at Target today and got some clearanced Halloween M&M's with a coupon too. Score!! I have 4 of the grandbabies here right now. I left one here with my mom while I went to Target with the other one and came home to find two more here. YAY!!

I had promised Matthew a basketball last week and Nana always keeps her promises so I made sure to drop it off the other day. He told me today that it was the best basketball ever.

I went shopping today Mama, and saved 40%!! I love coupons!

I went shopping today Mama, and saved 40%!! I love coupons!

Arent' they awesome?

The girls in the coupon group were talking about a double dip at walgreens on the toilet paper but naturally there were none to be found and I went to do different ones. Grrr. Oh well.

Can't wait to ditch that big old binder of mine and go back to the smaller organizers. I'll be cleaning up soon enough!

Do you also use the RetailMeNot website when you shop online?

I always double check that site before I checkout for a online purchase. They have a lot of up-to-date coupon codes. Yesterday I was buying 2 items for a total of $62 from the Venus catalog online, I went to RetailMeNot and found a coupon code for a free $25 Venus gift card and free shipping for a purchase of $50 or more. Sweet!!!

Do you also use the RetailMeNot website when you shop online?

I always double check that site before I checkout for a online purchase. They have a lot of up-to-date coupon codes. Yesterday I was buying 2 items for a total of $62 from the Venus catalog online, I went to RetailMeNot and found a coupon code for a free $25 Venus gift card and free shipping for a purchase of $50 or more. Sweet!!!

Oh for sure, I love that site! Even if I only get the shipping for free, I'm happy.

I usually get deal ideas from the ladies in the coupon group that I belong to. A lot of them belong to other groups that I'm not part of but they share the deal ideas. I also use Krazycouponlady for deal ideas.

A couple of weeks ago, someone had posted about a deal on link removed for some Rachael Ray cookware that was ringing up at 29.00. I missed that deal by a few hours, darn it.

A couple of weeks ago, someone had posted about a deal on link removed for some Rachael Ray cookware that was ringing up at 29.00. I missed that deal by a few hours, darn it.

Ugh, me too. Some people placed their orders with that mistake of $29.00 as well, but Walmart canceled them.

Ugh, me too. Some people placed their orders with that mistake of $29.00 as well, but Walmart canceled them.

Aww you knew about the deal too! I was so jelly, the girls were snagging them up left and right. Now some of the girls are showing off pics of a Keurig machine they got with a code. Was it free, do you know? I completely missed that one because I had stayed off social media for 3 weeks. I would have been all over that.

Yeah, the Keurig was a Kohl's deal - No, not free. Free shipping, 25 dollar mail in rebate, 15% off code. So paying just over 100 to Kohl's, getting 2 kohl's cash from that. So 25 bucks back and then the 20 kohl's cash.

Shucks.....I sure would have got it. There is an Office Depot near my house that is going out of business. Last week they were selling all the K Cups stuff for 40% but if you bought two or more you got an additional 30% off. I should have just bought a bunch considering I will likely get the machine for myself anyway. Ugh.

Maybe I will swing by there later and see if they still have any.

Enjoyed my weekend with the babies. My Matthew is such a nutjob, he had me laughing yesterday. We enjoyed some football and pizza. We had a really good talk, gosh it amazes me how smart he is at 11 years old.

I had an epiphany yesterday when I was with him. There are so many things I want to do, so many things that I was hoping I could experience as a first with Jesse but due to his illness it makes it hard. I want to see Seattle, I've been wanting to go to Seattle forever even before I was a Seahawks fan but have never made the trip and I was looking at him yesterday watching the Seahawks game with me and it hit me, why don't I just go and take him with me? I wouldn't be travelling alone and I love spending time with him so it would be a win win for me.

I've never been to a pro basketball game. Matthew loves basketball, even talks about hoping to make it to the NBA one day. I thought to myself yesterday, he's never seen a game live nor have I so I'm going to look to for tickets to a game when the Spurs come to LA. He told me "Nana, you can get the tickets at the top if it's cheaper, I can still see the game on the jumbo tron". Love him so much. So these are things that I am going to start doing with him. I hope Jesse starts feeling better soon, I would love to do things with him but for right now if he can't then I would like to do them with my little man.

Came home and made some sausage, kale, and white bean soup again. It smell delicious but I'm not going to eat because I really want to sleep early tonite if I can. I asked my friend to email me his recipe for champurrado. Since I will have all this free time on my hands when I get home from work, I figure why not just put some effort into preparing new things.

I think tomorrow I'll make some pork chops with green chile and rice. I've made it before but I'll tweak the recipe a bit and see what I come up with. Im searching the net looking for an authentic pozole recipe, that sounds good now that it's starting to cool down.

So I talked to my son briefly last night when he got home from his 1st day of work. He was filthy and exhausted. He said he and the senior mechanic took the service truck down to another city to service 16 trucks. The city they went to doesn't have a shop, just the rock quarry where they do mining. He will have to go there once a week to service the trucks there. Today he will be in the shop about 20 minutes from home servicing trucks.

For now, it looks like he will have a full schedule. He wakes up at 5am, drives me to work and then drives to school. School is from 7am to 12:30pm then he has to be at work at 2:00 until 10 or 10:30pm then it's back home to sleep for a few hours before he does it all over again. My baby is grown up, where did the time go?

Archived