Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

The hair came out pretty good. I took a picture of me with my youngest grandbaby (I was babysitting for a few hours) and sent it to Jesse with a message "we love you". He texted back and actually commented on my hair saying he liked it. He never comments on my hair or even when I wear makeup so that made me smile. I'm getting dolled up tomorrow. Haven't worn my makeup in a while, looking forward to doing my face tomorrow at work. Ahhh the freedoms I have there. LOL

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The baby shower was a huge success, I don't know how they put it all together but it was very nice. Jesse did go with me and I took my 20 year old son as well. We had a super great time, I thought Jesse would tire out but he did pretty well. He was socializing with people there that he knows. (a lot of them all work for the same company we do). They had a taco guy there, serving up tacos by request. They also had beans, rice, potato salad. A dj who happens to be my friends neighbor volunteered his services for free and he had some good music. He played a lot of stuff, from 60's rock to current pop music. He was getting down with the 80's though and that is when I decided I want an 80's party for my 41st birthday.

I'm so very tired, my legs are hurting, I need to wash this makeup off my face but I am too tired to walk upstairs to the bathroom. Goodnite people.

You looked amazing MG!

Awww thank you.. Since I clearly don't know how to post a pic here, (I gave up trying long ago) I put a new picture of Jesse and I for my avatar. That was taken yesterday at the baby shower. You can see how swollen he is by looking at his face but he's still handsome to me.

I'm really dead tired today, I don't want to be at work but on a positive note they are having a bbq here at work today and Jesse had already prepaid my plate so I get to have a great meal later.

Thanks Bella..... Ok one more time if you don't mind, can you guide me step by step on how to post a picture, successfully. I have a couple more that I would love to share with you guys. If it makes a difference I'm not using fotobucket or whatever that is called.

Ok this is from memory- and how I do it- so I hope it is accurate!!!

1.) go to link removed and you can upload and host your picture- it is free to register on the site

2.) Click on the "browse" icon to search for the pic you want, upload from your computer, click "host it!"

3.) It will host your pic online and give you a list of links.There is one called "direct link to image" - copy this link

4.) click on the little icon at the top of your response thread on the forum (the window where you type your responses) that looks like a picture of a tree (called insert image) and it will open a window- click "From URL" then PASTE the direct link you copied from imageshack website.

If you use photobucket instead then copy the link to your pic from their site and then follow step #4

I am probably the only person that can choke while drinking water. Allow me to explain....

I took a bottle of Dasani water from the boyfriends house, I didn't realize the mouth of that bottle is bigger than other bottled water bottles and I took a bigger gulp than normal thanks to the bigger mouth and nearly drowned. LOL Only me..

I am probably the only person that can choke while drinking water. Allow me to explain....

I took a bottle of Dasani water from the boyfriends house, I didn't realize the mouth of that bottle is bigger than other bottled water bottles and I took a bigger gulp than normal thanks to the bigger mouth and nearly drowned. LOL Only me..

I have done it.

Today has been fairly decent. It's nice and quiet at work, I was able to get the afternoon bus assignments done without any hangups. I brought my coupons today to keep me occupied. I need to clear out the expired ones and cut the new ones, plan a few trips to the stores. I see I can get Nivea body wash for 79 cents with my coupon at Walgreens. Woohoo

We have another appointment tomorrow morning with the nephrologist. I have been looking forward to this appointment, I'm really hoping the doctor just tells him it's time for dialysis. I know it's not a great thing to have to endure but in his case, he needs to get rid of that excess fluid in his body and the doctor said dialysis would take care of that. He is really uncomfortable and his mobility is not what it was before.

Archived