Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

Today is going to be another 12 hour day at the least, 16 hours at the most. I'm a bit tired but also very thankful to the money Gods for this last minute opportunity and this Thursday, someone wants me to cover their shift. That would give me a little breathing room. YAY, Thank you money Gods.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was prepared to do the whole 16 hours today but the other girl said she would come in and relieve me at 6:00p if I wanted. So just 12 hours today, which is fine. I think I will go home and just relax a bit. A hot bath sounds A M A Z I N G right now.

I saved the bubble bath for today and it was a perfect way to start my work day. I'm relaxed and in a pretty good mood.

Made Jesse some breakfast, well he got it at lunch time but whatever. LOL I made him a small pork chop seasoned with Mrs Dash and 2 eggs sunny side up. He asked why I didn't include 2 pork chops, ummmm maybe if you didn't have all these diet restrictions, I would have. Duh.....LOL

I know what I have been meaning to share here and I kept forgetting until today. For the last several weeks I have been having reoccuring dreams of me driving. In all the dreams, I am driving somewhere, sometimes my vision of the road is clear sometimes I am driving but the hood is up so I can't see and in a few of these dreams, the sunshade (the big kind you put accross the entire windshield) would be blocking my view but I would still be driving. Early this morning I dreamt (sp) that I was driving and had a head on collison with another man, it was'nt a violent collision. So I decided to look it up with the dream dictionary online and this is what I found. (there was more but it didn't really apply to the type of dreams I have been having).

Driving

To dream that you are driving a vehicle, signifies your life's journey and your path in life. The dream is telling of how you are moving and navigating through life. If you are driving and cannot see the road ahead of you, then it indicates that you do not know where you are headed in life and what you really want to do with yourself. You are lacking direction and goals. Similarly, to dream that you are driving at night, suggests that you are unsure of where you are headed in life. You are experiencing obstacles toward your goals. Perhaps you do not want to see what is ahead for you or you are afraid to confront certain issues. You may be feeling apprehensive about the future. If your view is blocked or obstructed while you are driving, then it symbolizes your lacking awareness of something in your life. You are overlooking certain aspects in your life. Alternatively, the dream indicates dangers or problems that are not yet made known to you. If you are driving on a curvy road, then it indicates that you are having difficulties in achieving your goals and accepting the changes associated with it. Metaphorically, driving a car in your dream, is analogous to your sex life and sexual performance. Consider how you are driving and what kind of car you are driving and how it relates to your waking sex life. Or the dream may be a pun on your "drive" or ambition.

What does it mean when you dream about a loved one dyign?

This is the part that relates to a loved one dying, although there was more about death in general that I didn't copy.

Death

To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your parents, indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm.

No crazy dreams last night, that was good. I slept until 7:30 this morning and then had to get Aidan off to school. I was hoping for a little more sleep but that didn't happen. I was laying there and it dawned on me, today is Monday and I need to drive to Jesse's house so I could give him his shot. He had an appt today for an iron infusion and I wasn't going to be able to inject him unless I went at that time.

All in all, it's been a good day. Fairly quiet at work, waiting for the last of my assignments to leave the yard and then I can unwind just a bit.

Jesse called me earlier and told me to start looking and pricing sleeper sofas, he is going to buy me one! YAY.....no more achy back and sore legs from that stupid ridiculous thing I am sleeping on now.

He's so good to me.

Congratulations Goose-e-boy... (my son Nick), he got his drivers license today. I'm such a proud mom, all he has been talking about for the last two weeks was getting his license and applying for a job at my company. Now he can! My baby is all grown up now.

My brother is at that age as well... but putting boys on insurance is so EXPENSIVE!!!!

So I have heard. Thankfully, he is dating an older girl (well she's 20) with a car and prefers spending more time with her than me, so it's likely he will be driving her car more than mine!

lol, always works out! My brother is dying for a car. I'm thinking of letting my mom have mine when I move over - since she is letting me live here rent free for over a year now! - and since her's has like 200,000 plus miles on it.

Nick wants a car too. Since he's mechanically inclined, he's looking for something that runs but that he can still fix up. Now that he has his license, I'm hoping employment will come soon so he can buy himself something.

I was browsing Jennifer's Convertibles website in hopes of finding a nice sleeper sofa. I see they have a sale on them, many styles for 399 dollars. So I'm trying to search at some pics using google and I come accross the consumer affairs website where numerous people have complained about the company, so I read and read and read, page after page of basically the same type of complaints where the furniture isn't delivered on the day promised, or the furniture arrives damaged, or the delivery people don't even attempt to deliver and then the company charges a 2nd delivery fee of 100 dollars.

Then I think, ok my daughter has a truck so I can avoid all that nonsense and I see a complaint about how they charge you 50 dollars to have the item shipped from the warehouse to the store for pickup. Total nonsense, I have changed my mind and will not be shopping with them.

So I need to find a place that has reasonably priced sleeper sofas that isn't in the business of ripping people off.

Do you have rantals places? Like Aarons or Rent a Center?

Yeah I actually work right accross the street from a rent-a-center. Don't you pay like a thousand times more for your items that way? I've never done business with them but I hear the payments are brutal.

Archived