Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

A day in the life of Mama Metro (metrogirl)

metrogirl

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy to get back to civilizations and read these updates. I was thinking of you on the day, metrogirl, and am so glad to hear that things seem good for now. Keeping you in my thoughts! (Also thought of you when I saw that Super Bowl score today, of course, lol).

Hi everyone. Just wanted to stop in and Thank everyone for your kind words and Prayers. We both had a rough start but thankfully We are doing Well. I was released from the hospital on Thursday and Jesse is still there.

They found a bleed near the implanted kidney and he lost a lot of blood. The bleed was repaired and he was transfused twice. He's doing Well, he feels good and the kidney is working perfectly. He's gone from 5 blood pressure meds to just 1.

Friends near and far were so generous with gifts and flowers. Words cant express how grateful I am for all the support.

I will share more of my story a little later.

I spent some time with him today. His legs are terribly swollen and he's uncomfortable. The nurse asked the Dr about giving him some lasix but the Dr wants to wait and see if the kidney will start getting rid of the built up fluid.

He also hasn't pooped despite all the stool softeners and laxatives so they wanted to give him a suppository and he wasn't having any of it. I told the nurse to give me five minutes and come back . He agreed to it but didn't want the nurse to do it so I Did it. She said " u don't mind?". Nah........ I will do Whatever it takes to help him. It was over in literally 30 seconds.

I'm not feeling all that well today. I seem to be in a bit more pain.

Dear sweet metro, you're one remarkable woman. Every time I read a new fb update or something on here I feel like telling everyone around me how amazing you are. You've done so much for Jesse and you still continue to be his support and number one caretaker, even after going through surgery yourself. If there is a heaven up there somewhere, you deserve to be in it (after a very long happy life) sitting in a golden chair surrounded by your loved ones. I don't know how else to put it because you're one beautiful person - inside and out.

Hope you feel better when you wake up. Sending you many hugs and love.

Dear sweet metro, you're one remarkable woman. Every time I read a new fb update or something on here I feel like telling everyone around me how amazing you are. You've done so much for Jesse and you still continue to be his support and number one caretaker, even after going through surgery yourself. If there is a heaven up there somewhere, you deserve to be in it (after a very long happy life) sitting in a golden chair surrounded by your loved ones. I don't know how else to put it because you're one beautiful person - inside and out.

^Agreed! You are one amazing woman. It's encouraging to see your approach to life.

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around more, I've been temporarily staying with Jesse and he doesn't have Wi-Fi at his place and I really dislike using my phone on the site but alas I wanted to say Hi and give a brief update.

We are 18 days post transplant. I'm feeling much better, with the occasional aches and tiredness but overall I'm good. Jesse's new kidney is working perfectly. He is urinating like never before, he has tons of energy. His skin color now has a healthy glow instead of that ashy grey color he used to have. Looking at him, you would never guess that he just underwent an organ transplant.

Every minute of pain and suffering I endured was completely worth it to see this whole new person. Everyday, I look at him in awe. We finally did it!

My family and friends have been great. Everyone around us has done so much, I'm so incredibly grateful to have them in my life. My daughter has been a tremendous help. She's driven me around when I couldn't drive, She cleaned Jesse's house and brought us food when I was too sore and weak to cook, all while running her own house.

I'm off work until March 18th. I could have gone back sooner but I wanted to spend some time with Jesse. My housing situation is still in limbo. Currently it's working itself through the courts. There is a big house that my daughter and I looked at together. As of last week it still had not been rented so if it's still available first or second week of March, We are going to apply for it.

I had spent a lot of time making myself sick with worry that I was going to end up homeless but I have a more calm attitude about everything now. I've decided to let go and let God. Everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to.

I will be in touch again soon. Thank you everyone foe your kind words and Prayers. It truly means so much to me.

Archived