Alright so my problem is that my grandma is 83 and lives with us- she also drives.

She shouldn't be driving at her age but she refuses to stop even though she's a completely horrible driver.

I don't know what the law is in other countries but in Australia you don't have to take any additional tests when you get older... so it's been impossible to find a legal reason to get her to stop driving >

However, the other day she got diagnosed with .. I think Glaucoma in it's earlyish stages and her sight is deteriorating. So we thought 'okay, that's cool, she'll get a medical certificate and won't be able to renew her license.'

Except the stupid doctor she went to, to get the certificate, didn't look at her eye history.

So she got a clean bill of health, went to the Transport office and renewed her license

ARGH

So my question is, is there any way to pick up this discrepancy and get her license revoked?? Or is there ANY other way to stop her driving??

My family has thought of everything, including putting flour in her gastank.. but she just calls the RACQ whenever she has a problem and pays whatever it takes to get her car working again. We've even considered putting flour in the tank and then bribing the RACQ staff to ignore it and say her car is beyond repair.

I'm so stuck and fed up with this please help??

We've even considered putting flour in the tank and then bribing the RACQ staff to ignore it and say her car is beyond repair

Bad bad idea. Have you contacted the motor vehicles department to ask them what you can do? Does your local hospital have a geriatrics program where you might be able to get some advice. Taking away driving privileges from a senior is a very delicate matter so it would be good to talk to someone who works in the geriatric field to find out how this can be done in a compassionate, non-deceitful way. This is a common problem that many people face with elderly people...not being able to drive results in their loss of independence and sense of being in control, so it has to be handled carefully.

Archived