Open Club  ·  100 members  ·  Free

Journals

Keeping track of food

Seraphim

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying UMA. I am trying to eat more, because I used to under eat. So I am really trying to eat more and exercise for better tone and strength. So far it is working. I have been spending about 5 hours a week in the gym. Phew. I have a really bad ACL though in my right knee which is KILLING me and my knee is swelling. So I am not sure if I can keep this pace. I only did half hour on the treadmill today and the rest was weights.

It was eye popping pain yesterday. My eyes were actually twitching that is how bad the pain was. Today is bearable so I guess that is an improvement. I have increased mobility now that some muscles behind the knee are relaxing but it is still not fun that is for sure. I have to wait and see what my husband's insurance covers for physio.

](*,)Well I am pretty annoyed that I can not keep up with my exercise right now. It is also hard to just sit around or sit in bed and I can not drive either because it is my driving leg. I would really like to thank the person who attacked me 31 years ago and destroyed my knee, thank you so very much, JERK. Now I get to suffer for the rest of my life with a ruined knee. Well Monday we can call the insurance coverage people and find out how much money we have for physio. I am getting tired of the pain. I had to have physio 4 years ago on my elbows from over use injury and tore all the ligaments in both elbows. I could not even feed myself or anything. Man I hate having cruddy joints. I am double jointed and my ligaments easily get too stretched or torn. Then there is arthritis. I want to avoid being crippled like my mother so I am trying to keep up my exercise.

It could be that I am reducing the amount of pain medication and the way I slept. It usually feels a little better in the morning. Maybe I am reducing the pain medication too fast.

Yeah eating breakfast is a challenge for me. It is a 30 year habit to not eat breakfast and a 30 year relationship with mostly under eating with sporadic times of over eating. I am really trying hard to recover myself here. For me to have 3 meals a day is a miracle. I have lived off of one or 2 meals a day and sometimes none for most of my life. It is a long struggle.

Well last night I used mostly heat on the muscles at the back of the knee and around it. They were seizing up badly. They are a little better this morning and so is my knee. Yesterday I tried to go grocery shopping or I was probably going to pull my hair out with what my husband came home with, so I went. HUGE mistake. The muscles were so tight and there was crunching and cracking and stabbing pains.

My knee is a little better than yesterday morning which is good. I have been deep massaging the muscles and applying ice and heat, this seems to be working well. I only had to take pain medication once yesterday....wooohooo. Maybe I can go back to the gym to do upper body this weekend.

I forgot to add my food for a few days now I guess because I have been working on my knee. I will start again today. Next week is the start of Lent so I guess I better stuff all my food in now.

Archived