Open Club  ·  100 members  ·  Free

Journals

Keeping track of food

Seraphim

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tea and split pea soup...man I love that stuff. Also there is so much I am not interested in wasting my time making if it is just me. When my husband is home I am more interested in eating because he is such a cow hound and loves to cook and eat. When I am alone I just think eh......whatever.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How are you feeling? Do you like smoothies? Might help when you don't have an appetite.

Have you tried eliminating wheat? It bothers me (rheumatoid arthritis) and my friend (Crohn's), and other friends (either stomach or joint pain). It took me awhile to get used to eliminating it from my diet (and it's trickier if you're cooking for children) but it's been years now, and I enjoy rice and oats and quinoa instead. (Pizza or pasta topping on rice is pretty good.)

Hey victoria. If you have an Android phone, there's a free App called "MyFitnesspal". There's also a companion website. The App allows you to scan the barcode of the food and it automatically enters the calories+nutrition info into the phone. You just have to put the amount your eating in. Hope that helps.

How are you feeling? Do you like smoothies? Might help when you don't have an appetite.

Have you tried eliminating wheat? It bothers me (rheumatoid arthritis) and my friend (Crohn's), and other friends (either stomach or joint pain). It took me awhile to get used to eliminating it from my diet (and it's trickier if you're cooking for children) but it's been years now, and I enjoy rice and oats and quinoa instead. (Pizza or pasta topping on rice is pretty good.)

I would like to get rid of wheat it is my downfall. I am sure it adds to my arthritis and IBS. Yeah my son might go mental if I took wheat out of the family diet. I am sure it would help with his autism though.

Hey victoria. If you have an Android phone, there's a free App called "MyFitnesspal". There's also a companion website. The App allows you to scan the barcode of the food and it automatically enters the calories+nutrition info into the phone. You just have to put the amount your eating in. Hope that helps.

Hello.

I am not so worried about the calories of it but more eating more. I have had eating problems for more than 30 years. Sometimes in the past I have eaten too much but mostly it is I do not eat enough. It just seems like eating is an inconvenience to me. A lot of food actually causes me physical problems since I have had my gallbladder out and I have IBS.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Generic - Tea With 50ml Semi-Skimmed Milk, 1 mug 25 3 1 2

Cream Cheese - Pat's Plain Bagels - Large, 1 bagel (110g) 110 52 2 5

Add Food Quick Tools 135 55 3 7

Lunch

Sugar Snap Peas - Sugar Snap Peas 85 g (3 oz), 85 g 40 7 0 2

Primo - Lentil Soup, 1 container (2 cup (250 ml) ea.) 120 52 2 8

Astro Original Balkan Style With Honey - All Natural Yogurt 4% Fruit Bottom 12 Pack, 100 g (1 container) 100 14 4 3

Add Food Quick Tools 260 73 6 13

Dinner

Catelli Smart Pasta (Cnd) - Spaghetti, 1/4 box ( 85 g) 310 66 2 11

Add Food Quick Tools 310 66 2 11

Snacks

Whole Wheat Toast - 1 Slice W/ 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 slices 135 15 7 7

Add Food Quick Tools 135 15 7 7

Totals 840 209 18 38

Your Daily Goal 1,570 215 51 58

Remaining 730 6 33 20

Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Archived