For the ladies with BoyFriends

ElMeroMero

No, sorry. To ask a 'NEW' guy friend out for dinner and a movie? If you've been dating for 2+ years? I wouldn't do that when I was married, and I wouldn't do it since I've been with my boyfriend for that long of a time period. Given, I have guy friends who I see periodically and we get a drink at the local bar to catch up, but I don't make NEW GUY FRIENDS and ask them to go for dinner and/or movie. That's shizz just ain't right.

No, sorry. To ask a 'NEW' guy friend out for dinner and a movie? If you've been dating for 2+ years? I wouldn't do that when I was married, and I wouldn't do it since I've been with my boyfriend for that long of a time period. Given, I have guy friends who I see periodically and we get a drink at the local bar to catch up, but I don't make NEW GUY FRIENDS and ask them to go for dinner and/or movie. That's shizz just ain't right.

Well not dinner AND a movie. Just a movie... or a cusual lunch etc... But just the two of us though.

So do you think she's just looking for some extra attention like Mal'akh said?

You're intentions are not very admirable. If you have any respect for this girl or her relationship at all you will not pursue her. If she pursues you, then that's on her. But you can't control her, you can only control you. Have some class man. Would you really want to get with a girl that can so easily just forgo a 2 year relationship by cheating with some guys she only knew a few months? Even if she didn't cheat and broke up with him first and then got with you, that's still emotional infidelity. If she does it with you, she'll do it again to YOU down the road.

Say you two do start dating and a few years in, she meets a new guy and starts hanging out and flirting with him in the same way? Guess what buddy boy, YOU will be in the same position her current bf is in now.

I'd back away.

I'm not plotting anything. I'm not expecting anything. I'm just being friendly and being myself. Would I like to be with her? Hell yeah, but I'm not going to go and step on anyone's toes or try anything stupid. I just happen to have a big crush on the girl. I became friendly with her and liked her before I found out she had a boy friend. I didn't know... and now I have a crush on her. I've acted with nothing but class so far, and that's the way I'll keep it because that's how I am.

She's the one asking me to hang out, not the other way around. That's why I asked if it was normal or not.

My guess about this situation is right on (I think) because I have been in this situation and know exactly how it all plays out.

Bro I am telling you. You got to be real careful about this man. She has been with her bf for quite some time. They might be having lot of fights right now. She may be desperately looking for a new guy's attention and you have entered the picture. I can guarantee that she KNOWS you like her. She loves the attention (that she can no longer get from her bf). She invites you for lunch or dinner or movie (just the two of you) and never talks about her bf.. Its almost like you are going on dates with her without getting anything in return. Know what I am saying? She gets the benefit of dates, the feeling of attention and admiration but yet she does not have to give you anything (physical intimacy). And if her bf or some one else asks her what is going on she can easily say you are her friend and you just went for lunch.

You will end up as the sucker that got nothing while giving so much. So what do you do? Ask her out for dinner, and at the end of it kiss her. See what she does. That will give you the answer

I am not sure I agree with this.What do we really know about the status of this girl's two year relationship?It might be on the skids.I don't see anything wrong with the OP expressing his romantic feelings towards this girl[''if you want to see me ,you will have to break it off with him'' and then backing off.

Archived