For the ladies with BoyFriends

ElMeroMero

heres a question for ya

is it normal for a girl with a boyfriend that she's been with for 2+ years to ask a new "guy friend" out to lunch, movies etc.... Just the two of us?

The only time she mentions he bf is when I ask her a question that triggers her having to bring him up.

it's confusing.. but i don't mind.

What the hell does that mean? friendliness, or is it some kind of signal?

I have a serious boyfriend and quite a few male friends who I go out to lunch with, to movies with, etc. For me, it's totally normal. My boyfriend also hangs out with his female friends alone. We trust each other and are secure with the relationship.

I do find it odd that she doesn't mention her boyfriend though.

@iLoveMyBabyCairo That may true. I don't know, is it different for grown folks and teenagers? is it normal for teenagers? We're both in high school. I'm 17, & she just turned 17. & That is odd. The only timed she's spoken about her boy friend was when I asked her a couple of questions that kinda forced her to bring him up. Other than that, she doesn't mention a word about him.

@Ivory_Tower I know her from school, we have a couple of classes together and we started talking to each other a couple months ago. Then just recently did we start talking outside of school. Less than a week ago actually.

@iLoveMyBabyCairo That may true. I don't know, is it different for grown folks and teenagers? is it normal for teenagers? We're both in high school. I'm 17, & she just turned 17. & That is odd. The only timed she's spoken about her boy friend was when I asked her a couple of questions that kinda forced her to bring him up. Other than that, she doesn't mention a word about him.

@Ivory_Tower I know her from school, we have a couple of classes together and we started talking to each other a couple months ago. Then just recently did we start talking outside of school. Less than a week ago actually.

Oh lord, am I a grown folk now? haha. I don't think it's necessarily different. I had sooo many guy friends in high school and a boyfriend. It's possible she's not overly serious about her relationship though.

Sounds like odd behavior at least. I've never known a girl who had a serious boyfriend to pick out a new guy and start asking him to do things. Kinda strange. The best way to find out is to ask her if it bothers her boyfriend that the two of you are hanging out.

@iLoveMyBabyCairo Sorry, in your case, I meant to ask if it is different for OLD LADIES and teenagers! XD Jk!

She likes to flirt though! It's just a guessing game for me it seems. Is it her being friendly or is she into me? Who knows...

Oh, you'd better watch it!

She may go to the movies and dinners with you but she will not get physically intimate with you. She will do that only with her boyfriend. You are basically a boyfriend without benefits that satisfies her emotional and social needs while she uses her real boyfriend for her sexual needs. Pardon my directness but that is the truth.

Dang, that sucks if it's true!

It is the truth my friend. You are the guy that will go to the movies and dinners with her (just the two of you). Her boyfriend is the guy that will get the actual benefits of the relationship (sex). IMO she is using you. Run away from her.

How are you so sure brother?!?

There's a million things that could happen. Right?

Of course I cannot say with 100% guarantee but the two things in your OP makes me feel that I am correct:

a new "guy friend" out to lunch, movies etc.... Just the two of us?

The only time she mentions he bf is when I ask her a question that triggers her having to bring him up.

If you were an old friend of hers, I'd find that completely normal. It's more confusing if you're someone she hasn't known that long. Have you ever seen her bf? Is he around much?

Nope! Couldn't even tell you what he looks like. I'm pretty sure he goes to a different school. I'm assuming he's a skinny whiteboy. No offense to anyone.

& Well, I'm tall, dark and handsome.

i would not be a big fan of my gf going to movies with guys...lunch is fine, things like that. However i look at one on one opposite sex movies more of a date thing, thats just me. the few girl friends i have we talk every now and then, maybe hang out every once in awhile, lunch or happy hour, but i wouldnt go to movies unless it was with my gf.

Archived