cashiers who flirt

patience

How do you know? How would you know with anyone else? You compare the way they act toward you against everyone else. If she's flirty, I would just take my chances because flirty girls know (or should know) they come off flirty. If they don't and are offended, they're a tool. What do you have to lose?

so basically your asking "how do you read other peoples minds?" Answer: you cant.

If you think they interested then the only thing you can do is go for it, ask for their number or something. Ive done it and had success.

heres how it went.

she was smiling at me really intently, i could tell she was nervous.

me"hey smiley, whats your name?"

her"xxxx..."

me"you know, your really cute you should give me your number!"

her(smiles takes my receipt and puts in on)

DONE.

I always think they do it cause its the job. Like resturants i've been to one were the girl was super friendly and very nice in the she wrote on the bill "Thank you" her name and a smiley face. I thought she was maybe hitting on but then figured out its mostly her job and she was hopping for a bigger tip.

I'm a part time cashier at a store.. one time this dude was flirting with me and I wasn't really flirting back at all because I was not interested. He left.. and 2 seconds later he comes back and says he "forgot something". Then he asked me for my number. It was quite possibly the lamest thing I've ever seen, and I was not flirting with him in the LEAST.

I wasn't rude to him or anything.. but ya... all you can do in those situations is go for it lol.

when cashiers flirt with customers, is it always fake or just for fun?

how can we know if a cashier is actually into us, or just flirting and/or being extra nice to get us to come back and buy more stuff?

Do cashiers really care if you come back and buy more stuff? Most are just paid by the hour, and not enormously committed to that particular business, and wouldn't be credited with getting repeat business anyway. I know when I worked as a cashier years ago, I certainly didn't care whether or not anyone came back. I was pleasant and polite, but I wasn't out to secure repeat business. It's different in a job where you can earn a tip, but I suspect if a cashier is flirting with you, and you haven't seen them do it with everyone, then it's genuine.

I've talked with her several times, at least ten times I'd say. The last time I saw her, she was having a crap day, so I offered to give her a hug. She came out from behind the counter, and we hugged right there in front of everybody. I should have gotten her number then, but I got a little excited and it slipped my mind. Of course, I'm kicking myself now.

How should I ask for her number? Should I just pull out my cell phone and hand it to her? Or would that be lame?

I've talked with her several times, at least ten times I'd say. The last time I saw her, she was having a crap day, so I offered to give her a hug. She came out from behind the counter, and we hugged right there in front of everybody. I should have gotten her number then, but I got a little excited and it slipped my mind. Of course, I'm kicking myself now.

How should I ask for her number? Should I just pull out my cell phone and hand it to her? Or would that be lame?

Yeah, it's gotta be something positive like the hug thing the day of. Make sure she's feeling good and smiling. Positive feelings are really important. Tell her you'd like to see her outside of work, and have her write down her number or tell it to you so you can put it in your phone (bring a pen and a post-it note in case she doesn't have any around.)

Remember, be calm and unassuming. If she gives you her number, she knows why you asked. If she doesn't, she knows why you asked. If she says she has a boyfriend, smile say, "Fair enough," walk away and move on.

DON'T BE NERVOUS. It doesn't do anybody any good.

ya i hear you on that, the trick is talk to them, just dont give your order and eat your food.

Wow i guess thats the epiphany of all doubt, just talk to them. It Separates you from all the other pretty faces!

Yup, even then they still can be friendly cause of the job. Only thing i would do is maybe leave my phone number on the copy of the receipt ??? And see what happens.

heres the great thing about hired people, even if they reject you they are going to let you down easy, since they are working.

plus think about what girls are attracted to, alpha males, would an alpha male leave a number on a receipt, or would he ask her out.

update:

I went in today feeling really confident. I was in a great mood. When she saw me, she came over to me, looked down at her feet, and said that her boss gave her heck for being so friendly with me.

I tried to cheer her up, but she wouldn't even make eye contact. She kept looking all around, very nervously. I didn't see her boss anywhere nearby.

I said that we could still get to know each other, outside of her workplace, and asked for her number. She stalled, said, 'ummm, ummm' and then told me she 'sort of' had a boyfriend.

I was very cool about it, said okay then, have a great day, wished her well, smiled and left. I did my best to keep my cool and not let my confusion and disappointment show.

On my way out of the store, her boss walked in, and gave me the nastiest look. Seriously, wth , what a weird crazy dude!

Damn! Maybe she just needed attention?

Whatever...it sucks because I actually like the stuff they sell, some stuff I cannot find in other stores, but I don't want to deal with crazy people.

Ya that sucks, and is hella weird. I wont nit pick, but in that situation i think i would have just told her to meet me somewhere after work, im sure she was being observed by her boss(or bf) whoever, and would have made it very difficult and awkward to give her number.

Heh. My suspicion would be that her "boyfriend" is her employer. We might never know for sure.

I agree this is possible. Was the boss an older man or around the same age as the girl, OP.

The other possibility is that the boss WANTS to be the girl's bf. A lot of attractive women have "orbiter" guys who just hang around remaining friends with them but not nutting up and asking them out (which is what the guy wants to do)

Either way, you tried, and you handled it correctly. NICE!

My suspicion would be that her "boyfriend" is her employer.

I have my suspicions about that as well. Other women work there, and I've never seen the boss give any of them a hard time about chatting up with customers. The other women have flirted with me at times as well, although not like this woman did, and never once did any of them say anything about their boss.

Looking back, there were times when I have seen the boss somewhat invade her space, touch her, put his arm around her and stuff - she would shrug away. I don't recall ever seeing him touch any of the other women. I did see them roll their eyes at him several times though. I took him for a tool who flirted with young employees.

I think her boss is a married man, they could have something going on - on the down low or whatever. Gross.

i think i would have just told her to meet me somewhere after work

I didn't think of that. She looked so friggin' nervous, I doubt she would have agreed to anything anyway.

Was the boss an older man or around the same age as the girl, OP.

He is much older than her - maybe at least 25 years older.

The other possibility is that the boss WANTS to be the girl's bf.

That's possible as well. She is by far the cutest one working there. A lot of guys hit on her.

Either way, you tried, and you handled it correctly. NICE!

I agree with that. Sort of has a boyfriend...?

Shame because she does like you otherwise she wouldn't hug you.

For future reference I have to say I agree with Karvala on cashiers flirting with you. In most cases we get nothing extra if you buy more. I have worked in customer service all my life and it is the most annoying thing when you see someone amazing and there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing. Because you're at work. You can't even flirt because you represent a company. You can't give them your number because they're just shopping. You're in a ridiculous outfit and he can never imagine how cool your clothes are, how funky your earrings are (cos they don't allow crazy accessories). Sucks, sucks, sucks.

heres the great thing about hired people, even if they reject you they are going to let you down easy, since they are working.

plus think about what girls are attracted to, alpha males, would an alpha male leave a number on a receipt, or would he ask her out.

Either way rejection is rejection.

Sort of has a boyfriend...?

yeah - and she never once mentioned a boyfriend before

I strongly get the feeling there's more to the story than what she's letting on, but whatever, I was rejected. It's cool. There are more women out there to meet.

So your saying rejection is a bad thing?

Well when it comes to relationship dating and all that i would say yes, that what i meant the whole rejaction thing. I dont see how someone getting shut down can be good. Only person who would be have is the one doing the rejecting that way they told that person that there is no chance and they can stop hopping.

Archived