Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Thoughts, ramblings

LAYAAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you ladies!!! sorry I wasn't checking my messages.

By mercy of God this madness is over! I have successfully passed my defense!!!

I unfortunately have come down with bad cough and cold. So next 2 days I will probably just spend in bed. I wasn't sure I would be able to defend because just 2 days ago it got really bad. But medicine worked.

Thank you Annie, Penny, Marsh, Poochie, dancing magpie, and all those who pushed me to finish my PhD. Technically its over, but I will be going to school to complete editions of dissertation, submit 2nd paper. A major burden is lifted off my chest. I still dont believe it. I guess it will sink in after a few days.

Well.... thank you again... I would not have done this without all your support.

Congratulation! See with faith and dedication you can do anything!

I hope you can enjoy a few days now to recover. Whenever I had a big exam, the next days I just wanted to sleep.

Everything else will be easy in comparison. You can be proud for not giving up!

Something that I learned from personal experience, research, and observation is that it will save you money if you don't purchase cosmetics at Walmart/Target, instead buy them at drug stores. I practically live at Walmart, so much to a point that many cashiers know me by name. But that's not the point. I have never seen this Walmart have a sale or buy 1 get 1 free or something similar on drug store cosmetics. Why? Why? I dont' like it at all. I'm your regular customer, give me something in return for my loyalty.

Keep your eyes open and also sign up for one of those "wellness" kind of cards at your nearby drug stores that will save you extra bucks at these stores (Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid all have these cards, but may refer to them by different terms). Every weekend go through weekly ad for your nearby drug store. A lot of them offer good deals on cosmetics. I'm not sure if drug store deals on food, beverages are all that great, but definitely you can save on cosmetics. You just have to keep eyes open and grab a good deal.

wow... The nearest one to me is in JCPenney and I never got anything there. Those women do not care for their job. The items are not at their proper alloted space. Some items look damaged. Counters are not clean. May be because I didn't go to a sephora store. I went to JCP and they have sephora which is the only cosmetic counter there. I will try going to a sephora store in a mall and then see how I feel about the store.

I really need to pay attention to my health now as the madness is over. Need to cook more regularly, eat healthy and no excuses for missing regular exercise. I do not feel good about my weight. Yes, its not where it was a year before. I had put on about 30 pounds. Went from 120 to 150+. Now I'm at about 135. I still have to reduce.

Archived