Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Thoughts, ramblings

LAYAAN

I copy pasted this warm, kind message by a poster "Wager"

"I think it sounds as though you are having a very rough time right now, and your feelings are likely exacerbated by the holidays, yes? I wish you every blessing in the coming New Year. Perhaps a partner will be among them, or something else equally fulfilling. Don't let gloom surround you and infiltrate your heart, color too greatly your thoughts. Things will look up. Hang in there."

Wager wrote me kindly after I was dumped last year.

I remain grateful.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wager wrote me kindly after I was dumped last year.

I remain grateful.

Yes, seems like a nice person. He/she didn't post this to me. The message was so kind, it touched my heart and made me feel so cared for even if it wasn't written to me.

My friend asked me for a ride again. I said "My car's oil pump is leaking. I would prefer not to drive too far from my home and worse in the the rain and storm." SoCal has been pounded by rain in the last week. We had a break for 3-4 days. Now the rain is back again. I'm tired of giving rides to my friends on a regular basis. When I want a ride, they have work to do... as usual.

3 days including today have been difficult in lab. Wednesday the 22nd, our lab along with several others got flooded. By the mercy of God (really I mean it), the corrections were almost ready and I literally pulled the chair, sat in water and submitted the revised draft. We vacuumed the water out, we thought we should be okay, but no. Its an old building, it was leaking and the leak brought with itself asbestos. So, 27th a guy came and said that they are tearing the building off and you collect your belongings. So, Mon, Tue, Wed, all wasted in packing things up. I feel beaten down. The girl from the lab next door was on Xmas break. She came back today and boy she was mad. I didn't know she was going to be back today. The tech told me to use a computer that she has been using for a while. I had barely turned the computer on and she came. Great! there goes my opportunity. I left and went to the library instead. My external drive wouldn't work there. Came home, got some work done, went back. She locked the computer such that only administrator or she could unlock it. I just didn't want to fuss with her. I waited to get my work done. Finally, I got my computer set up in another room. Its dusty, half the lights are out. Its okay. I'm hanging in there. Trying my best.

I really yearn for a companion. I'm tired of coming to an empty home. I'm tired of talking to same people. I'm tired of seeing happy couples. I really really want to get married and settle down. I'm thinking of registering back on eharmony and the matrimonial website. I think I should at least keep trying instead of completely giving up on the possibility of finding love.

I feel like a sore loser because I'm not married at this age and I've been getting turned down by men. I feel like I'm destined for a life of singlehood and will end up alone.

Last night I was bored, cold and hungry. It was raining outside. So, I made a crazy healthy version of zucchini bread.

1 cup of almond meal

1 cup of whole wheat flour

1 cup of all purpose flour

1 cup Splenda

1 cup liquid egg whites

2 bananas (mashed)

4 zucchinis (grated)

2 tsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp sea salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

mixed dry ingredients together, mixed wet ingredients together, added mixed wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. baked at 350oF for 1 hour 10 min. The bread did not turn out good. It did not rise. But it didn't taste bad at all. And it was too healthy Overall I'm not too unhappy with my experiment.

I was thinking of creating a thread "new year's resolutions", but someone has created it already.

These are mine -

- lose weight, regular gym

- cook healthy food, cook more regularly, portion control, eat at home instead of eating out

- develop/maintain a positive/healthy attitude, learn to be thankful for good and bad times, learn to see things in perspective

- stop procrastinating challenging tasks

- knit more sweaters for kids

- learn to mind my business

- learn to stand up for myself

- learn to be my best support system

- pray regularly

What are the good things that happened to me in 2010?

- my paper wasn't rejected, my boss actually consulted another professor and took his suggestion and submitted the paper to another journal, my boss let me submit the paper

- i met some professionals at meetings

- i completed my internship, the board accepted my internship hours

- i got back into knitting and finished 4 sweaters.

- i helped a girl that later became a friend

What do I hope for 2011?

- finally graduate if everything works out well

- get licensed in at least 1 state

- lose weight and get my tiny waist back

- do more charity work

What did I do on a NYE?

- I just walked 4.25 miles, I'm sweating, I feel good after exercising.

- I tried to bake a vegan chocolate cake, it tastes bad, I burned myself with hot oven rack, so I put some ice on. Oh well, no worries.

- I made myself nice fluffy omelette with 4 egg whites, tomato, mushroom, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. It tastes great.

- I went to school and worked on the assigned portion of a big task so I can finish the task by the deadline.

- I prayed in the morning.

- Now, I'm going to study.

Overall, I spent the last day of 2010 the best way I can.

I'm choosing to be thankful for what I have. I'm trying (hard) to stay hopeful for what I currently don't have. If God is willing, I would like to have a companion next NYE to kiss. If not, I pray that God gives me an ability to not get bitter and not lose my peace and an ability to live my life the best way I can.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, prosperous new year!

Those sound like some good resolutions. I want to cook healthier, too. I just get lazy, so I go for "easy" food sometimes.

Thank you for posting in my journal.

True. I can relate.

This is what I have been doing currently.

- home-made whole wheat tortilla (my source of complex carbs)

- vegetables (cooked south Asian style. my source of fiber, fillers. If I'm very hungry, i just bake some veggies in oven and eat until I feel full)

- scrambled egg whites (my source of protein without extra calories. I scramble them or make an omelette out of 'em, throw in veggies, spices, etc.)

- smoothie (almond or soy milk 1 cup, coconut water 1 cup, ground flax 1 spoon, 1 banana, 1 apple, 5-6 frozen berries (any or mixed), ice, isopure protein powder 1 scoop, churn it all up in blender and drink)

Hope you find this helpful!

Thank you for posting in my journal.

True. I can relate.

This is what I have been doing currently.

- home-made whole wheat tortilla (my source of complex carbs)

- vegetables (cooked south Asian style. my source of fiber, fillers. If I'm very hungry, i just bake some veggies in oven and eat until I feel full)

- scrambled egg whites (my source of protein without extra calories. I scramble them or make an omelette out of 'em, throw in veggies, spices, etc.)

- smoothie (almond or soy milk 1 cup, coconut water 1 cup, ground flax 1 spoon, 1 banana, 1 apple, 5-6 frozen berries (any or mixed), ice, isopure protein powder 1 scoop, churn it all up in blender and drink)

Hope you find this helpful!

I love the smoothie idea. I have a new blender, so I am eager to use it. haha. I also found another 'healthy' food I like, called edamome(soybeans). Haven't had them before, but really like them now that I tried them. I snack on those now instead of other alternatives. I also love making grilled chicken quesadillas with all sorts of vegetables in there, too, which doesn't take too long to make.

I want to share this with everyone,

by mercy of God, our 1st paper has finally been accepted for publication.

I went through bad struggle for last 2 years due to this paper. My graduation was delayed because of this paper not getting accepted. Its all over now.

My degree is guaranteed now. There is 99% chance that I will graduate this May/June.

I want to thank Penny, Annie, Marsh, Ellie, Anu, dancing magpie, Poochie, and all those who have supported me through the tough time. I could not have made it to this point without your kind support. Thank you very much!

Go celebrate tonight!

Once you've enjoyed your celebration and congratulations..... it's time to look at the graduate school calendar and make sure that you hit their deadlines (deadline to obtain warrant, deadline to register to graduate, deadline to walk at commencement if you so choose, deadline to defend dissertation, etc.....)

Thank you Annie. I feel much much relieved now. Yes, about graduation, I will be talking to the secretary today and I have to complete certain forms by a certain time.

I have no desire to attend graduation ceremony though. I just don't want to. My friends are pushing me to attend. We will see. Its not that important.

you don't have to if you don't want to. it is expensive (as far as gown rental). i did because it was important to me. do what works for you. good luck with the secretary!!! the beginning of the end!!

Thats a very good point. I haven't looked into gown rental and all. I need to enquire. Just never thought about it. I will ask around about that. Thanks for pointing that out. Is there anything else I need to know? I know about printing my thesis out. Several copies of it.

Thats a very good point. I haven't looked into gown rental and all. I need to enquire. Just never thought about it. I will ask around about that. Thanks for pointing that out. Is there anything else I need to know? I know about printing my thesis out. Several copies of it.

I don't know about your university, but i know for mine, I went to the graduate school webpage, and then went to the guidelines and deadlines for the dissertation. In there you should find everything you need, including cap and gown rental.

I want to share this with everyone,

by mercy of God, our 1st paper has finally been accepted for publication.

I went through bad struggle for last 2 years due to this paper. My graduation was delayed because of this paper not getting accepted. Its all over now.

My degree is guaranteed now. There is 99% chance that I will graduate this May/June.

I want to thank Penny, Annie, Marsh, Ellie, Anu, dancing magpie, Poochie, and all those who have supported me through the tough time. I could not have made it to this point without your kind support. Thank you very much!

Yay Tinu!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

i want to share this with everyone,

by mercy of god, our 1st paper has finally been accepted for publication.

My degree is guaranteed now. There is 99% chance that i will graduate this may/june.

I want to thank penny, annie, marsh, ellie, anu, dancing magpie, poochie, and all those who have supported me through the tough time. I could not have made it to this point without your kind support. Thank you very much!

congrats!!!!!

Archived