For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

Dangletsbang - baby's heartbeat is amazing sound like the galloping of horses. Its my favourite sound.

Ac - yh i felt like that when i was still only a small baby bump now its crazy, everytime I rock up to the school gates to meet son the other mums are 'omg your huge! how much longer?' when i say 3 months the look on their faces says it all. lol.

molly - glad your feeling better and bp is better now. Dont envy you shopping on motorcart though lol. Take it easy hun, no rushing around, but at least people will get out of your way. lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing that heartbeat the first time was so exciting - it's crazy to think about that there are 2 heartbeats in your body! I know that after a certain point my docs office checked the baby's heartbeat at every appointment - along with weight, BP, and protein/urine screening.

The last US I had was around 20 weeks - I wish I could have another but don't want to pay the $150 for it (since not medically necessary) I figure I'll get to see him soon enough.

Ac, have you see your little one yet?

My doctor hands out ultrasounds like candy..he said I would have one at every appointment. I've had two so far..and i'm 7 weeks. I can't wait to hear the heart beat though!

Thats so not fair. In the UK if your healthy, no problems in previous pregnancies you get one scan at 11-13 weeks, and another at 20weeks. Only reason I had a million scans with my son was because of what happened with my daughter. That was the only reason I had scans every fortnight.

Ac, have you see your little one yet?

My doctor hands out ultrasounds like candy..he said I would have one at every appointment. I've had two so far..and i'm 7 weeks. I can't wait to hear the heart beat though!

Yes, I seen the baby at 8 weeks, then at 9.5 weeks! It was so adorable. At 8 weeks I didn't see it move, but at 9.5 it was waving at us lol Hearing the HB is amazing when I heard it at 8 weeks I just smiled the whole time. It was so strong and loud! My dr isn't too "strict" about ultrasounds either, he seems to be ok with giving them out whenever. I think I just need to ask like I did last time. Its awesome to have a dr like that!

My appt tomorrow I want an ultrasound but I'll be happy with just hearing the HB. I think they are going to schedule my gender scan tomorrow, that's exciting! I think its going to be the middle of Jan.

I definitely am going to pay extra for the 3D/4D US, those are so amazing..you pretty much get to see almost exactly what you're baby is going to look like.

We did this with our daughter at 32 weeks, it was very cool. Of course I would not have had I known we would get 2 more between then and her arrival!

I can't wait for the gender scan..hopefully I get mine before 20 weeks..one of my friends found out at 12 weeks! But I doubt that will be the case with me..oh well.

The suspense is killing me.

12 weeks it would still be pretty sketchy with the gender. The earliest with any accuracy I've heard is about 16-17 weeks. We found out at 18.5 weeks, and it was confirmed at 32, 34 & 36 weeks (at growth U/S and the 4D).

I dont think I will be doing the 4D, every one I have seen look creepy to me lol. Online and in real life! I will be happy with just the regular scan

I thought it was so amazing to see. She was yawning, smiling, sucking her thumb, and you could see all of it almost as if she was there. After 32 weeks of waiting, it was really amazing and totally worth the money, and I am really cheap so that's saying something LOL.

I thought it was so amazing to see. She was yawning, smiling, sucking her thumb, and you could see all of it almost as if she was there. After 32 weeks of waiting, it was really amazing and totally worth the money, and I am really cheap so that's saying something LOL.

I agree Hope. We could see his facial features and his hair! Oh god, it was amazing to be able to see my son before he was born. I didnt even know that my doc could do the 4D scans, until the tech switched it over to 4D and we were like "oh my freakin god, look at him!!" It was me, my partner and my mom and I think we all cried. She gave us tons of pics and even printed out duplicates for my mom!!

They had 4D "packages" that the hospital would do starting at $120 and going up to $350. We were going to get one of those, and then the US tech blew us away, by doing all of that for free!!!

Girls, ask your US techs if they can do it and you may be able to get a 4D scan for free!!! With a baby on the way, we needed all the extra money that we could get! lol

Just got back from my appt, the nurse found the heartbeat on the doppler - it was so cool. Then my husband & I talked to the dr for awhile & while we were walking out he asked if we wanted to get another scan so I was like "duh of course" LOL. We took some pictures with our phone, they aren't the best but that little baby was doing somersaults in my belly!

I go back for another appt Dec 30th then our big scan is middle of Jan at 18 weeks..woot! I'm just so excited I will be 13th weeks on Sunday and in the "safe zone"

@dangletsbang Aw girlie I know. I really hated it too. I wasn't able to function properly at work for that first period (until week 16 until the nausea was really gone, but it started getting better around 12 weeks). The worst was in week 10. The hCG level is highest then. If I am correct, you're around that time now. So it will get better, soon. For most women the nausea stops around week 16 (not for all, the poor souls).

Even now that it's starting to be really heavy (I am 30 weeks), it's 'just' exhaustion and being uncomfortable with a big belly when turning in bed, sitting, etc, I still think that the 3rd trimester is much better than the 1st! The 2nd is the best

@Ac, aww isn't it great to hear the heartbeat! Like a horse galloping around!

Yeah its awesome! Everytime I go and hear it I love it even more.

Dangletsbang - I didn't have that much sickness just queasy, but I was soooo tired I could barely keep my eyes open past 1pm everyday, it was bad. I slept like 12hrs every night and that wasn't enough! Now at almost 13 weeks I'm feeling much much better. Is the medicine the dr gave you not helping?

The pill they gave me was a promethazine suppository [vaginal or rectal]..I did it vaginally..and it burned so bad, I decided to just give up on it. They said the pills wouldn't work if I threw them up.

I noticed that my prenatals make me REALLY queasy, so i'm gonna start taking those at night right before bed. I just need to get over it, it's something that I have to put up with..like a lot of other women who are pregnant.

Arwen, I'm actually only 7 weeks right now!

The pill they gave me was a promethazine suppository [vaginal or rectal]..I did it vaginally..and it burned so bad, I decided to just give up on it. They said the pills wouldn't work if I threw them up.

I noticed that my prenatals make me REALLY queasy, so i'm gonna start taking those at night right before bed. I just need to get over it, it's something that I have to put up with..like a lot of other women who are pregnant.

Arwen, I'm actually only 7 weeks right now!

Why don't you give it a try rectally before giving up on it?

Have you tried taking it with some dry carbs like crackers?

Archived