For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My tattoo is barely starting to stretch..I was hoping it was low enough to avoid that..but hopefully it goes back to normal..ughh.

My tattoo is on my belly and it stretched but went back right after having my son. Just keep the skin very moisturized.

EDIT to add....what a cute baby belly!! Cant really say "bump" anymore!! lol

My tattoo is barely starting to stretch..I was hoping it was low enough to avoid that..but hopefully it goes back to normal..ughh.

Beautiful!!!

I don't know about the tattoo... in time it will be ok I think. Don't worry too much

Renske is 2 months today

14.1 lbs!

Must be cream coming out of my boobs.

hahaha! That is too funny! Happy 2 month birthday Renske!!

When we went for Littlepants' 2 week checkup, she had already gained 1 lb, our doc told me he didn't think I was producing milk, he was pretty sure I was producing Ben & Jerry's ice cream instead. I laughed so hard!!

hahaha! That is too funny! Happy 2 month birthday Renske!!

When we went for Littlepants' 2 week checkup, she had already gained 1 lb, our doc told me he didn't think I was producing milk, he was pretty sure I was producing Ben & Jerry's ice cream instead. I laughed so hard!!

I hope I can produce milk like you ladies!

I hope I can produce milk like you ladies!

Well.

I had cup AA breasts and was SURE I wouldn't have milk. My mom couldn't breastfeed me (problem with nipples and breast infections, and not the lactation counseling they have nowadays). I bought myself a 'breastfeeding bible', read the book in the last weeks of my pregnancy, and took care of a few important things:

1. feeding her within an hour after birth

2. feeding her very on demand until very recently (6 weeks are crucial)

Until last week, I was battling hyperlactation. Way too much milk. My poor small boobies. Good thing they grew into a cup C during the pregnancy. If I am very unlucky, there's 250 cc in one breast

Still a bit of a problem, but getting better. Now we're introducing a 'scheme' and I'll start feeding every 4 hours, instead of whenever I think she's 'asking' for it (in the beginning, crying is mostly for milk, but later it's really not haha, I was feeding her a lot while she probably wasn't hungry, hence her beautiful weight

HAVE FAITH! And ask for help!

I totally echo Arwen's tips, feeding as soon as possible after birth, and really feeding on demand for the first couple/few months. It does start feeling like you have a permanant attachment to your boob (Littlepants nursed pretty much every hour on the hour... for about a half hour, so ya, half hour on, half hour off), but is so worth it in the long run.

I never had the issue with not enough or too much milk production, although I never was able to pump enough for extra bottles, she basically just straight nursed. I would pump for like a half hour and only get like 2 oz. I gave up and just gave it to her direct from the source. The only issue I did have was that damn "Mothers Milk" tea. My sister gave me some as a gift and I was worried at first about not making enough, so I tried a cup... discovered I really liked it so had a second... the following morning I woke up with the most engorged breasts I have ever seen. They were rock hard, if you even looked at them cross-eyed I'd spew a stream of milk clear accross the room. too funny!! I never drank two cups of that again!

I'm so glad I have this forum, I would be lost without it. The only reason I worry is because my mom and sister couldn't breast feed past 2 months old..i've got rather large breasts [full 34C prior to becoming pregnant] so I know there's room for milk...it's just if my body will allow me to!

Is it necessary to feed an hour after birth? I've heard mixed things about it..in my 'what to expect' book, it says normally the baby doesn't need to eat until 4 or 5 hours after birth..but all the mommies i've talked to in real life have said differently.

I drank certain tea (Sage tea) to obtain the opposite effect, because of hyperlactation. That worked too, it's amazing, I never believed it!

And size of boobs, contrary to what I thought, has very very little to do with being able to breastfeed or produce milk. I have small breasts but lots of milk glands (do you call it that?), and NO fat there at all. My lactation counselor told me that mostly, bigger breasts are due to more fat tissue. I simply store my fat elsewhere (thighs... sigh). But it IS true that bigger breasts have more room to keep the milk, you can imagine that the overproduction in my small boobs was/is incredibly painful. I will wake up if Renske doesn't wake up for food- and if she doesn't drink, I have to use my 'milk machine' to get rid of it. It's a miracle that even with my 'Bursting Boobs' I still have no stretch marks, at least, no new ones. I have slight stretch marks on my boobs from my childhood, when I suddenly started to grow them. That's why I was scared I'd also get them on my belly, but I survived the Big Belly and the Bursting Boobs without marks!

Yikes that would happen to me even without anything.....and he nursed every 2 hours for over 5 months. I remember though whenever he would sleep all night which was like 3 times it was a pretty painful wake up.

Oh I know what you mean, it's horrible!! You'd think that a baby sleeping throughout the night is every new mom's dream, but eh... no, I am HAPPY she needs to drink. Sometimes I don't even see it as feeding her, as much as her helping me to get rid of the milk

I hate that breast pumps are so expensive..I know they're without a doubt worth it..but i'm definitely not buying the one I want until I know for sure i'm producing enough milk.

My nipples are already acting up..didn't realize they would start being sore or itchy this early..I just moisturize with lubriderm lotion and avoid any nipple stimulation..don't wanna start any type of milk production just yet, lol!

Dang,

My Birthing Center actually gave me a manual one to get started with, maybe yours will too? Then my Sis-in-law sent me her really nice electric one to use (and I never ended up using it!), and there are places that will rent them, may be worth researching. I know I sure didn't want to drop the buku-bucks to get a nice one.

On the nipple front, get some Lansinoh. That stuff is AWESOME!!! Use it now, and after baby comes, it really helps with the chapping and can be used for a myriad of other things as well. I carry a tube in my purse still (and haven't breastfed since Littlepants was 12 mos) and use it for everything.

Oh, and size of boobs have nothing to do with milk production. I really expected (and kind of hoped) I'd see an increase when I was preggo and after, but I stayed a B-cup throughout, and am still a B-cup now, and I made PLENTY of milk. So much for the hopes for giant ta-tas from my husband.

Archived