For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

with babies, do they keep their eyes closed most of the time during their first few months out of the womb?

My friend's little boy who is only a couple weeks old constantly has his little eyes open..he was wide eyed as soon as he exited the womb..I suppose it depends on the baby..because i've seen it go both ways.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arwen, she is very pretty.

It's amazing how quickly babies grow.

Does she keep her eyes closed most of the time?

Well, the eyes are still quite sensitive to light, but she also sleeps a lot (which is great Unfortunately, my cam had the wrong settings when taking this pic of her smile... anyways, eyes open:

Renske's face was a bit 'pushed together' when born, but like most newborns, she was very alert right after birth. I have pics of that but for reasons of privacy I won't post them here After that it was difficult for her to open her eyes. Her face being like that was due to her facing up instead of down during most of the 18 hours I was in labor.

How are YOU doing Arwen?

Thanks for asking. I am doing very well, now that I am used to having a baby in the house It took a while to recover (emotionally mostly) from the birth. In a strange way it was like a goodbye and a welcome simultaneously. I still 'miss' her in the sense that I miss her kicking inside of me. If it wasn't for wanting to enjoy and invest time in Renske first, and the general advise to not get pregnant for 9 months after giving birth... lol. I'd be TTC already.

How are you??

Ha ha. Yes you did and yes you will be!

Arwen, Renske is beautiful. She has such chubby little cheeks ... funny given how slender you are! She looks like a little cherub.

I doubt that she'll grow up being chubby It's in neither of our families, and her being so big now is 'normal' for breastfed babies And maybe a little bit due to my overproduction of milk (which is finally starting to be manageable for me... but imagine 250 cc of milk being contained in a boob that used to require a cup AA bra...

I feed 'on demand', which is even now still 7-8 times per 24 hours. I know lots of breastfed babies that eat just 6 times, but this amount is optimal to keep breastfeeding going for a longer period of time. I hope to do it for 6 months or even a year. Depending on how it combines with work...

I doubt that she'll grow up being chubby It's in neither of our families, and her being so big now is 'normal' for breastfed babies And maybe a little bit due to my overproduction of milk (which is finally starting to be manageable for me... but imagine 250 cc of milk being contained in a boob that used to require a cup AA bra...

I feed 'on demand', which is even now still 7-8 times per 24 hours. I know lots of breastfed babies that eat just 6 times, but this amount is optimal to keep breastfeeding going for a longer period of time. I hope to do it for 6 months or even a year. Depending on how it combines with work...

That is the way I did it. Entirely on demand. I think I had the same trouble in the beginning. It was so much he would actually choke and splutter and gasp poor little guy. But he gained over 2 pounds in his first two week.....lol...as a real young baby in his first 2 months he gained quickly but then he slowed significantly. Once off the breast though he gained very slowly and was always very small after that.

She is a little beauty!! Oh my goodness! I always wanted a daughter.......God played a funny joke on me and gave me a boy....

Do I need to take one for the team here? Ha ha ha. My money is that Hope will be preggers with number 2 mighty soon!

Metro, how old is your pregnant daughter? Does she live with you? Will you be raising her baby as well as your other grandbabies? BTW, when I see pics of you, my mind boggles at the idea that you are a grandmother. My grandmother does not look like that at all, or my friends would be flirting with her.

She is 24.....Yes she lives with me and for now it's better that way, because I get to interact with the little monters, (um angels) as much as I want. LOL

She really is doing much better and appears to be getting things on track with her life which is what I wanted for her. Her boyfriend just got accepted into this really great mechanic training program (thank you metrogirl, it pays to know people) so he is well on his way to making a better life for them. As long as they are doing something, I'm not sweating the small stuff. She has been super active with the kids school, jades endless appointments and everything else that comes with being a mom to young kids.

So in a nutshell, to answer the original question......she is more than welcome to continue to live with me as long as she continues to do what she needs to do to keep on track. I'm not actively raising them now as they are back in her custody but I still step in when I need to.

And thanks for the compliment. Mama/nana metro is trying to be an even sexier granny..... Hello gym.

Oh of course not, babies are meant to be all soft and chubby - it's absolutely adorable. It's just funny that such a slender mom has such a little cherub of a baby, and wonderful - shows she's nice and happy and enjoying that breastfeeding!

Congrats on the breastfeeding! So glad to hear it's going well, and glad to hear the overproduction has sorted itself out.

That's wonderful news. Sounds like she is doing really well. (And you must be happy to not be quite as busy anymore, what a load you were dealing with!) My best wishes to her for the rest of the pregnancy and for raising her new one.

Will you post pics of your new sexy figure when you feel you've gotten where you want? I'm dying to see! I watch the Biggest Loser (not that your situation is comparable to theirs, but anywho) and I just find it really inspiring how those people are able to motivate themselves to lose such a staggering amount of weight when they could just give up. A real testament to determination. This season there are quite a few older women - 40s and 50s I think - and they've done so well. They're so tough ... I think mothers are some of the toughest people out there! Keep it going!

Yup just wish it would come faster, this whole 9 month thing is way too long lol

no kidding..

I still have 16 weeks left..it's been going by faster but now that my belly is getting so big I just want it to stop growing, lol. At first I thought having a baby bump was cute and now it's turning into a baby mountain..

no kidding..

I still have 16 weeks left..it's been going by faster but now that my belly is getting so big I just want it to stop growing, lol. At first I thought having a baby bump was cute and now it's turning into a baby mountain..

I hear ya, I have close to 10 weeks & my bump is definitely not a bump anymore! lol

no kidding..

I hear ya, I have close to 10 weeks & my bump is definitely not a bump anymore! lol

pictures girls

We got some 3D pics done, I didn't want them at first because I always thought they were sorta creepy, but its different when its your baby lol.

She is still a she & she didn't really want to cooperate that much but we did get a few good shots. Poor baby was frowning pretty much the whole time cause she was sleeping and we were trying to wake her up ha. Hubby thinks she looks more like me, but I dont know...all I know is she is adorable & I love her already

link removed

image removed

Archived