For ENA moms and moms-to-be!!

arwen

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good, they really take care of you! It's just hard finding [at least in our area] a OB/GYN that accepts tricare!

Well am covered right now through my job and then I know I can apply for Cobra that should cover me for some time at least and then I am gonna have to figure something out. We are only going to be in Texas until the end of May and then we are headed to Japan....

Well am covered right now through my job and then I know I can apply for Cobra that should cover me for some time at least and then I am gonna have to figure something out. We are only going to be in Texas until the end of May and then we are headed to Japan....

Oh, wowwww. Japan? Will you give birth there?

AC143 thats brilliant! Isn't it exciting when you feel them move for the first time? prob not for a while yet but soon you'll recognise a pattern and can tell when they're awake and when they are sleeping

Yeah it was/is awesome, makes me smile everytime

I felt that at 16/17 weeks too It's very cool! And it will get very intense in the end, I promise you that! I am blessed with a very active girl, and sometimes I pray she will just sleep so I can sleep (or focus at work, lol).

Yay!! The best part of the pregnancy starts for you now

I can't wait until I feel kicks and until my husband can feel him/her kick. He is soooo excited to feel it or see it. This pregnancy has been very easy for me so far, but this is by far is the best part ....Until....we get to find out the gender lol...11 more days!!!

I'm using Palmers massage cream for stretch marks, I'm not sure if anything will help. My dr told me 95% of it is genetics & since my mom/dad/brother/me dont have any I hope I dont get'em, but who knows so I use lotion anyway. Can't hurt...

I'm using Palmers massage cream for stretch marks, I'm not sure if anything will help. My dr told me 95% of it is genetics & since my mom/dad/brother/me dont have any I hope I dont get'em, but who knows so I use lotion anyway. Can't hurt...

My mom and sister have horrible ones, which is why i'm worried..i've got a few that have faded almost entirely on my breasts and waist..

I really hope I can get back to my pre baby body.[-o

My mom and sister have horrible ones, which is why i'm worried..i've got a few that have faded almost entirely on my breasts and waist..

I really hope I can get back to my pre baby body.[-o

I hear ya, me too lol I have nightmares about horrible scretch marks and looking terrible after giving birth.

Are any of you using a certain kind of lotion, oil, butter, cream, etc to prevent stretch marks?

I just ordered Bella B Tummy Honey Butter off of amazon, it has amazing reviews.

Just curious if any of you are using anything.

Bio Oil, every night, and normal body lotion (Dove) during the day, every day since the moment I got pregnant.

Still no stretch marks, but it's not something that can be prevented by oil- I expected to have stretch marks, but magically I don't. Maybe I am lucky to have the genes from my father's side, my mother did have them. I have very light ones from growing as a teenager (hips/boobs), but no recent ones at all *keeps fingers crossed*

Bio Oil, every night, and normal body lotion (Dove) during the day, every day since the moment I got pregnant.

Still no stretch marks, but it's not something that can be prevented by oil- I expected to have stretch marks, but magically I don't. Maybe I am lucky to have the genes from my father's side, my mother did have them. I have very light ones from growing as a teenager (hips/boobs), but no recent ones at all *keeps fingers crossed*

Oh wow, that's awesome arwen. I've heard great things about bio oil..i'll look into that!

Hey girls, I had a huge belly when pregnant and only had a couple of stretch marks. I thought that I escaped having them until...I had my son. Going from a huge belly to a not so huge belly gave me horrible stretch marks. I used Palmers during my whole pregnancy and honestly, nothing did any good. I think that the younger your skin is the easier it is for it to bounce back after having a baby, obviously mine is old, so it didnt bounce too well. lol

I'm just worried about having this huge flabby stretch mark covered belly at 20.

It's all in my head..i've honestly never seen anyone look horrible after having kids except for my sister [she let her self go beyond belief]..I guess this all stems from my eating disorder past, Idk..I need to quit acting like this.

Wow arwen this sounds great how are you applying it to yourself...the lotion throughtout the day or just once?

I'm just worried about having this huge flabby stretch mark covered belly at 20.

It's all in my head..i've honestly never seen anyone look horrible after having kids except for my sister [she let her self go beyond belief]..I guess this all stems from my eating disorder past, Idk..I need to quit acting like this.

Stretch marks are pretty genetic. Flabby after birth will go away. Stretch marks will fade but they will still be there. I hate to say it creams will help people that were not going to get them,not much will help people that are going to get them. One of my aunts had 5 kids,she had not a stretch mark,plus she was only in labour for longest like 3 hours every time. She made me want to VOMIT. My mom got stretch marks and so did I. I used creams etc I still got stretch marks to high heaven,thank goodness they kept themselves located to my tummy only.

Some things you can do to help prevent them are drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated (also good to help prevent pre-term labor) and keep your skin out of the sun, as sun exposure contributes to stretch marks.

I was pretty lucky in that I didn't end up with any on my belly despite a huge belly. I did, however, get a few on my breasts because they grew really fast! They are mostly gone now.

I agree this is going to be hard for them and for me as well but I want to do this. I know that God will help me along the way and I am sure that we will make mistakes but we will both be there!

You'll be fine hun, I have faith in you, you seem like you've got your head on straight and it will all come good. Your right you will make mistakes, as did i with my son first time round, until a health visitor pointed it out I didn't realise I was mollycoddling him, everytime he whimpered I picked him up...i soon got out of that habit. lol

Is that what the airforce offers?
It should be, most people I know are looked after by Tricare.

Are any of you using a certain kind of lotion, oil, butter, cream, etc to prevent stretch marks?

I just ordered Bella B Tummy Honey Butter off of amazon, it has amazing reviews.

Just curious if any of you are using anything.

Im using Bio-Oil as its meant to be quite good. I got stretch marks last time all around my tummy and like Victoria said its generic. Good thing was that mine were all silvery and faded pretty quick. I also got into the habit of applying babyoil to my skin too all over just to lock the moisture in. But as far as I know Bio-Oil is one of the best on the market as its used by people that have scars and such

Hey girls, I had a huge belly when pregnant and only had a couple of stretch marks. I thought that I escaped having them until...I had my son. Going from a huge belly to a not so huge belly gave me horrible stretch marks. I used Palmers during my whole pregnancy and honestly, nothing did any good. I think that the younger your skin is the easier it is for it to bounce back after having a baby, obviously mine is old, so it didnt bounce too well. lol

Hmm, my midwife actually says the chance of stretchmarks gets smaller the older you get. Which I found strange. But hey, nothing as unpredictable as the (female) body! You can even get stretchmarks when you give birth if you didn't have them before..., from the pressure.

Just wanted to say I love this thread (I'm jealous, lol). I wish all you lovely mommies-to-be a very happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Me too!! I am trying to avoid this thread too though, cause it reminds me of things I can not have even if I am SO happy for the ladies on this thread.

Me too!! I am trying to avoid this thread too though, cause it reminds me of things I can not have even if I am SO happy for the ladies on this thread.

Me three. This thread makes me oddly excited and a little wistful at the same time, even though I actually REALLY don't want to either be pregnant or have a child at this time in my life.

it used to be that way for me too, when I started to have 'a baby-itch'. We're blessed that we got pregnant so soon after trying. I can't believe that I am actually due on the very date that I had my Mirena IUD removed last year

Archived