Open Club  ·  41 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Advice or even books on not letting little things stress you out?

xmrth

I could really use a book recommendation to get really into it or even just any advice on this.

I let little things stress me out so much-- and emphasis on LITTLE. To the point that they snowball-- something will happen (totally at random, like a phonecall) and then I'll dwell on it, and then I notice 30 minutes have gone by, then an hour, then I realize WOW I have spent all this time thinking about this thing, what else could I have been thinking about or enjoying doing? Then I start to feel sorry for myself for being totally fine and stress free and then SO consumed by stress because of the smallest thing.

I was having a really nice night prior to this, so nice that I stopped and thought wow this is a nice relaxing night. And it still could be but I just can't let the little things go. Things that I don't think should cause even a little bit of stress... and now I have a headache, and that is something new now when I get stressed. ..

I know the perfect book you need to read.... well its more of a magazine... its called High Times......jk I know people that were like that. I've heard if you section off your day mentally it helps. Meaning after your lunch break, is another opportunity for a fresh start. When you get off work may be another point. I dunno how well it works but I have heard it helps.

I think the main thing is that u are thinking to much. i have been in your situation so much actually main thing is not to think about the little things. here is a book i found in the library link removed u can always search your local library they normaly have a ton of self help books this one deals with stress the basics of wear does it come from and what u can do

• 2 weeks later...

Meditation is good I've heard. I can't seem to do it myself but those who do it swear by it.

I think you should talk to your doctor about it. She might be able to give you some breathing techniques or a script. I have adivan for when the anxiety gets really bad. I don't use it often but sometimes it is a life saver.

Archived