Gave her my number too early?

Knight of Hope

I would just suggest to you to just chill out a bit. It's REALLY hard to tell compatibility from emails. I've had the most AWesome emails with guys and then met, and it totally flopped. Seriously. Multiple times. Then I made a rule to try to talk on the phone then meet. Of course, I cancelled my match account in favor of seeing where things go with this new guy that is just fascinating. Real life is the key. So just relax, MEET her, and see how that feels. Don't put so much pressure before meeting!

I would just suggest to you to just chill out a bit. It's REALLY hard to tell compatibility from emails. I've had the most AWesome emails with guys and then met, and it totally flopped. Seriously. Multiple times. Then I made a rule to try to talk on the phone then meet. Of course, I cancelled my match account in favor of seeing where things go with this new guy that is just fascinating. Real life is the key. So just relax, MEET her, and see how that feels. Don't put so much pressure before meeting!

haha Well... it's not just me putting the pressure on. It's her, too. And it's AIM, not email, so it's a little better. I'll know better after I talk to her on the phone. I'm still going to be excited, but I'll take your advice and chill out a bit.

haha Well... it's not just me putting the pressure on. It's her, too. And it's AIM, not email, so it's a little better. I'll know better after I talk to her on the phone. I'm still going to be excited, but I'll take your advice and chill out a bit.

There is nothing wrong with being a little excited!! It's natural when you feel some potential with someone. But... I think it builds up expectation and sometimes the 3-d version of a person doesn't match up to who you built them up to be in your head, and it can be disappointing.

So perhaps, also by realizing that you may not click in the way you are hoping, will help you relax a little bit.

There is nothing wrong with being a little excited!! It's natural when you feel some potential with someone. But... I think it builds up expectation and sometimes the 3-d version of a person doesn't match up to who you built them up to be in your head, and it can be disappointing.

So perhaps, also by realizing that you may not click in the way you are hoping, will help you relax a little bit.

Yeah. I agree. I feel lots of potential with this one, and there are some definite expectations building. But I get the feeling they will be met? Again, the phone will help me out a bit. And I'm not going to wait too long to ask her out after that, as long as things are still going well. So then I'll know for sure. If my expectations are met, or even close to met, I sense a good relationship coming.

Archived