I decided that I'm gonna move on you guys! I wanted to update you :)

CoCo2009

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why he won't just pick up the phone talk to me for a few minutes and ask me out on a date then. We went out last weekend but not this weekend and he won't call, he keeps logging on to that damn AIM. He responds when I text him but his ass will not pick up the phone and call. I even took the initiative last week and called him to say hi...NEVER AGAIN. Where are all the normal guys? rawr lol

Honestly I feel weird because his conversation is just so casual, he hardly says anything over AIM...he hardly says anything. He isn't asking me out either. I'm kinda annoyed...loll I don't know why but I am. lol

If he's not asking you out, don't give him another thought. Move on to others. Stop wasting your time and emotional energy.

Wow.

Though I applaud you for being proactive, I think you pulled the trigger way WAY too soon.

I thought you were going to say you've been dating 3 months, not 3 dates!

To ask a guy the "where is this going" question after only 3 dates, is like outting yourself as being needy, clingy, insecure and desperate.

Yes, we ALL would love to have assurance from the first date of what will happen, so we don't get hurt, but I think pressuring a guy like this is only going to make him run.

And I think it's unfair for you to call him out for not calling you, when you sabotaged this and made him bolt.

Next time, RELAX.

I feel stupid but its not like I can go back in time and change it. I mean I guess I was wondering because we communicated everyday and my feelings started to get strong. I don't know.

Then you need to develop a thicker skin and make sure you have a fun fulfilling life so that you can choose not to react to strong feelings that early on or you don't develop them in the first place. Also consider that your feelings might be strong because he is a challenge, not because you care for him as a person.

Yeah I guess I messed up, but he wasn't even calling me before I made the email. I didn't ask him to be exclusive really I just asked him if he could see it happenening. I guess thats bad enough though. Oh well...

Seriously?

So, he hasn't been calling, you've only had three days, and then you decide to ask him if he sees you as LTR material.

Coco - I know you know this was the wrong way to handle this, so that point can be left behind.

BUT, in order to make this a true learning opportunity, what do you think made you behave like this? Is this a historic pattern? Or, coming from a new place?

Because I think in order to really prevent this in the future, you need to understand the motivation that drove the actions.

Archived