ycmanvs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, you guys really need to stop reading between the lines. We get along great because our personalities are extremely compatible. We both have been through many relationships and we both took time out from dating before we got together. We know what we want and we both respect eachother. We discuss everything and we work through any disagreement. My friends love him and his family loves me. I do not know how else to explain what is going on.

OMG, you guys really need to stop reading between the lines. We get along great because our personalities are extremely compatible. We both have been through many relationships and we both took time out from dating before we got together. We know what we want and we both respect eachother. We discuss everything and we work through any disagreement. My friends love him and his family loves me. I do not know how else to explain what is going on.

I'll be your cheerleader on this one. I'm happy that this is going so well for you.

We all want you to be happy and we just don't want to see you fall apart in case it doesn't pan out.

I'll be your cheerleader on this one. I'm happy that this is going so well for you.

We all want you to be happy and we just don't want to see you fall apart in case it doesn't pan out.

Yes, I agree. I just didn't agree with the impression that taking time off from dating (depends what you do with that time - sounds like the OP really worked on herself!) and so-called "not looking" is a good way to find a fufilling relationship since this is a new relationship that started through an on line web site. As I wrote of course it's great that the OP met someone new she clicks with -that in itself is hard to find!

Yes, I agree. I just didn't agree with the impression that taking time off from dating (depends what you do with that time - sounds like the OP really worked on herself!) and so-called "not looking" is a good way to find a fufilling relationship since this is a new relationship that started through an on line web site. As I wrote of course it's great that the OP met someone new she clicks with -that in itself is hard to find!

I took time from dating so that I could focus on my career and myself. When I was ready to date I went back online and responded to his email, about a month after he wrote it. If the timing is right for both people, it will happen. Too often people try to force a relationship.

I took time from dating so that I could focus on my career and myself. When I was ready to date I went back online and responded to his email, about a month after he wrote it. If the timing is right for both people, it will happen. Too often people try to force a relationship.

Yes, if the timing is right, the people click and both people are available sure it can work. Edited to delete the same "when you least expect it" confusion because I see that the OP for whatever reason doesn't want to address my confusion - no worries.

He went to Vegas for the weekend with his friends. This trip was planned long before we met. I hope he has a good time. I know that many people would be worried about such a trip but I trust him completely.

It sounds like you had some bad experiences in the past from some posts you've written here. I don't know that many people would worry, even if the trip was planned after we met. I am glad that you've met someone who seems to be reinvigorating a sense of trust and security for you.

He went to Vegas for the weekend with his friends. This trip was planned long before we met. I hope he has a good time. I know that many people would be worried about such a trip but I trust him completely.

You trust him completely? Why do you trust him, because you gave him the go ahead to fool around with other women? What exactly do you trust him to do or not do then? It doesn't make sense to me.

I was all for the way this relationship is going but now I'm worried about it all b/c it's still a brand new relationship and you're talking about swinging. It could just be me but it seems like the relationship is more a novelty than anything right now, almost like it's being forced to be this perfect thing that you can report back to others.

I was all for the way this relationship is going but now I'm worried about it all b/c it's still a brand new relationship and you're talking about swinging. It could just be me but it seems like the relationship is more a novelty than anything right now, almost like it's being forced to be this perfect thing that you can report back to others.

Ahhh...no...I finally met someone who shares my view of life, sexuality, committment, etc. We talk about everything. We do not argue. We discuss anything and everything and we come up with solutions to satisfy our needs and wants. I have never felt closer to anyone in my life.

And I think that's great but how long have you been together now? Really, I'm very happy for you but a lot of your posts make me feel like it's all too good to be true.

It feels like we have been together forever because from the moment we met it felt as if we had known each other all our lives, like we were family. We have led similar lives and taken similar paths, as far as relationships go...so by the time we met, we had reached a point where we knew exactly what we wanted...and it was perfect. Every single day we both are amazed at how well we fit together.

It has only been 2 months.

I am happy for you, don't get me wrong. I'm currently talking to a guy I met off a dating site but haven't met in person yet. He's incredible! He seems so amazing and I can't wait to meet him. So your story gives me hope for the same but I don't know if I'm just more cautious (maybe that's synonymous for skeptical) but it's still in the back of my mind that it could happen or it couldn't. We could meet and fall in love and be together forever, or we could meet and fall in love and be together less than a year. I'm just saying you never know so it's best not to bank on that permanence thing, at least not so early on.

seems that the OP is resistant to hearing any cautionary words which is a little concerning. it's GREAT to be excited and all, but i think where we are all coming from is that we all know what it is like to be excited and this this is 'the one' all to find out that it didn't work out. Point is--- take your time. Enjoy. But don't get all into future future future- planning your wedding, house, kids, etc. Live in today, take one day at a time. Be happy, but be sensible also. Realize it takes time to get to know someone. Time.

Another thing I do what to say is that with the way this board is, we see all trouble trouble trouble when it comes to relationships so it's nice to have a breath of fresh air like this thread is. But at the same time, b/c we see how this board always is, being hesitant is beneficial I think b/c we know what can happen.

seems that the OP is resistant to hearing any cautionary words which is a little concerning. it's GREAT to be excited and all, but i think where we are all coming from is that we all know what it is like to be excited and this this is 'the one' all to find out that it didn't work out. Point is--- take your time. Enjoy. But don't get all into future future future- planning your wedding, house, kids, etc. Live in today, take one day at a time. Be happy, but be sensible also. Realize it takes time to get to know someone. Time.

We are living for the moment. We are in our 40's. We are not kids and we know that nothing lasts forever, but we are enjoying every moment we spend together. It is not like any other relationship I have ever been in.

I met his sister and her husband last night. We got along very well and I look forward to getting to know them better. Things are going well and we are getting together about 3 times a week. He is going to help me clean and decorate my apartment this weekend.

Things are still going well. I met his family and they are all very nice. He is helping me decorate my apartment and he is extremely thoughtful. My grandmother is dying and even though this is a difficult time for me, he is helping me get by.

Every single day with him is a wonderful day.

I cannot believe how lucky I am right now.

Archived