~*~*poll: Have you ever cheated? ~*~*

miami

Female - No

Never have and never will. I've never even knowingly been involved with a cheater, although I've been cheated on, once.

It's easier for me to leave a relationship/marriage, than it would be for me to cheat and not just because I've been cheated on. Cheating to me, is a highly dysfunctional coping tool.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheating in my eyes is worse than murder, it's a betrayal of the heart.
Not really, I don't agree with it. Aside from STD's, let's say if that wasn't the case, then one would be left with emotional distress and heartbroken but at least life without worrying about being stab to death with a knife. I would rather get cheated on than get murdered...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with this. I emotionally cheated in a sense...meaning that I lusted after one of my friends and spent time with them too much while I had a crush on them...but I didn't do anything with the person or even tell them how I felt. I told my ex how I felt and cried, prayed, and vowed to let the situation end before it got out of control.

So I agree that is a choice. I had to CHOOSE to stop myself from going too far with my friend while I was with my ex fiance. I had to decide that it was NOT what I wanted and that my fiance was more important even though my head was giddy with infatuation towards my friend.

Knowing that these things happen (infatuations with other people), I was able to know that my experience was "normal" and that it didn't mean I didn't love my fiance. I realized I was emotionally cheating, though, and decided never to act on my feelings nor to even say anything (to the friend or anyone excepy my fiance and best friend).

Well guess what...that person is friends with me again now that I'm single and I feel absolutely nothing for them anymore. No infatuation at all. I wish my ex understood these things too...but I guess infatuation got the best of him and he decided that was more important than us.

I'm not saying I'd ever be in a situation where I'd be TEMPTED

That's how serious I am.

If I had to choose between shooting myself in the foot, vs. cheating on my boyfriend once, I'd choose the shooting myself in the foot.

DEAD SERIOUS.

Archived