~*~*poll: Have you ever cheated? ~*~*

miami

Wanted to do a quick poll and see if we get the same percentages we read about in the papers. For the purposes of this survey, the "Have you Cheated?" question applies to relationships where you are either MARRIED, ENGAGED, or in a mutually agreed upon EXCLUSIVE RELATIONSHIP. It is not directed at your current relationship, so if it happened in a previous one then respond accordingly.

Simply respond with your GENDER and YES -or- NO. For example:

MALE- YES

That's it! Please do not elaborate on the circumstances, how he/she broke your heart, how cheating is wrong, etc. etc.. GENDER, and a simple YES/NO will suffice.

I will tally up the responses and summarize them after we get 100.

Let the games begin!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can make this thread a poll actually. After you type out everything you can select the option. I don't know if you can edit your thread to do that now. That way it would tally it for you and people would not have to reveal their answers to the public.

You have to be a gold member in order to create an actual poll.

Oh, and to answer the question:

Female - HELL no. And never will.

Female well maybe yes and no.....

No not on my boyfriend though there were temptations plus I can be flirtious if the opportunity were to show up anyhow...

There was a guy (let's call him X) I was going out with prior to my b/f. Not sure if it was actually cheating however. Ok so he asked me if I want to be his g/f. I accepted it and we were dating for 2 weeks. Female friend introduces me to her guy friend and we end up making out in car. However I was going to dump X afterwards but he wasn't there when I called. Finally dumped him two days later after making out. Not sure if this was cheating...

As to say if I ever will actually cheat on a serious partner, I say no but can't say never as the future can't be predicted...

My boyfriend feels the same way I do on this stance.

He's very prideful and the mere thought of someone accusing him of cheating, sends him in a rage.

It feels to him like someone is attacking his character to even consider someone like him cheating. He is a very loyal, and honest person. Like I am.

Female - No

I don't see the point in cheating. If I start liking someone else, or find myself not feeling the same towards my partner like i did with my ex. We broke up. And I spent sometime onmy own to make sure I'd made teh right decision. Then after a few months asked the guy out I was thinking about a little too much.

We're now very fat with baby, and 3 years happy =)

Ok....it seems like polling in this manner will definitely yield skewed results. I forgot that the majority of people visiting this particular forum are seeking support due to a cheating partner so it's not exactly a random neutral sample. Also, for this to be remotely honest, the responses need to be anonymous. Not everyone feels comfortable opening their kimono publicly on this topic. No need to get up to a sample of 100, I've summarized the results with the 18 responses below since it's pretty obvious where this is headed.

CHEATED POLL Responses

TOTAL RESPONSES 18

MALE 8

FEMALE 10

CHEATED TOTAL 22%

CHEATED MEN 25%

CHEATED (WOMEN) 20%

Thanks for participating.

Archived