Double J

How many of you have steamy make-up sex with your partner following a big/minor argument?

For some reason, my g/f seems more in the mood after we have a little spat, or after I put her in her place for something she knows she's done wrong.

Does this go back to the whole "love bad boy syndrome"?

Do you ladies get turned on after your partner shows you they won't tolerate being stepped on?

To the guys -- does your wife or girlfriend fall into this group of women?

We've never had make up sex RIGHT after a fight/argument.

We take time to cool off, give each other some space, talk it out, etc.

Maybe in the next few days, things may seem a little more intense with passion because for us the times we do have to work through something, it just brings us closer and the desire for each other grows.

We rarely fight/argue though, so when it does happens..its not a thing where we're ripping each others clothes off the minute we're finished..it usually takes a few days to feel the connection back.

Our fights don't revolve around him putting me in my place, they are generally big life issues that take time to resolve, take work, long talks, etc.

We don't have little spats or arguments.

And for the most part, I need time to cool off and get the connection back.

I think your girlfriend doesn't have a healthy view about the place of sex in relationships..it reminds me of Alexis on the nighttime soap, Dynasy, who used to emotionally abuse the character Dex and the minute Dex caught rough with her and put her in her place suddenly she was "awash with desire" for him. Being in the mood for sex after being put in your place, to me is akin to a dog prostrating himself when with a dominant dog. It is like your gf is prostrating herself and recognizing you as dominant.

I have heard that for a lot of people, make up sex is the best.

I guess it's possible that she likes seeing you upset. But like the others said, if that's the case, it's not really a good thing.

In my opinion, in a more normal situation, it just has more to do with making up. When you argue, you say things and yell at each other. Stuff you wouldn't normally do if you weren't mad. So when you finally calm down and forgive each other and get over it, it makes you remember how much you love each other.

It could be any of these things:

1. She wants to please you to make up for whatever she just did to upset you. Guilt

2. She wants you to forget about whatever just happened.

3. She wants to put you in your place or take back control after having been "put in her place" to make herself feel better

4. She was turned on by your dominance in the argument, she's a bit masochistic

5. She wants to feel close to you. Reassurance that you guys are okay

There are probably more possibilities. It's hard to say what her reasons are. You could always ask. Wouldn't hurt.

Archived