Is sex good exercise?

Double J

This question is mainly for the ladies, but guys can chime in as well.

If you have health problems such as high blood pressure, hypertension, thyroid issues, etc., is sex still good for you?

I've done some research into this topic and it seems to point to the same conclusion: Sex = Exercise. Exercise = Good for the heart.

I have also heard that many people don't want to have sex because they feel it'll make them feel more tired after work, etc. But they say that sex actually gives you more energy and in turn releases endorphins.

What do you think?

Already we have some people viewing sex as strictly for entertainment rather than as an extension of emotional intimacy. It will be a sorry day when the purpose of sex becomes just for entertainment and a cardiovascular workout. Just like some people "do" anyone just for the sheer entertainment value, I can believe there are those out there who will say to themselves..I can't afford the gym so if I go pick up someone at a bar three times a week I will have my cardiovascular workout and it won't cost me anything!

Apparently very vigourous sex can burn 360 calories per hour but thats just a statistic. Realistically can every guy keep it up for an hour plus? And also I notice men do most of the hard work in sex, you'd have to find positions which enable the female to move quite a bit. Honestly I think you'd burn a lot more by just going for a run.

Already we have some people viewing sex as strictly for entertainment rather than as an extension of emotional intimacy. It will be a sorry day when the purpose of sex becomes just for entertainment and a cardiovascular workout. Just like some people "do" anyone just for the sheer entertainment value, I can believe there are those out there who will say to themselves..I can't afford the gym so if I go pick up someone at a bar three times a week I will have my cardiovascular workout and it won't cost me anything!

I don't think the OP was saying this at all.

When you have sex with someone, you lust for them. Lust is an emotion. Therefore there is no such thing as sex without emotion, unless you count being very drunk or on drugs.

Archived