Tigger6145

OP, do whatever you feel is best. If you post personal things on Facebook that you wouldn't want him to see, I would advise waiting a while.

I agree. It really depends on how personal you get on FB, and how awkward you might feel removing him if it doesn't work out.

OP, do whatever you feel is best. If you post personal things on Facebook that you wouldn't want him to see, I would advise waiting a while.

actually you can avoid this by categorizing your friends into 'groups' and you can give certain groups different permissions to view different things.

this is perfect for those you are dating who add you on facebook who you don't want snooping around your page. instead of avoiding their friend request you can add them, throw them in a group that doesn't allow them to view certain photo albums or notes, or whatever.

once you more comfortable with them or if you become exclusive, just toss them into a less limited list!

Flash - I wasn't aware of the groups. That is a great idea! Thanks

Thank you for all the opinions everyone!

no problem. glad i can help, unlike someone else =p

here is a step by step for photos:

1. goto your photo album, click edit photos on the top

2. goto edit info

3. under privacy click on 'customize' on 'who can see this'.

4. select whoever you want to be able to view this, for example, 'friends' or 'friends of friends', then look at the area below that says 'EXCEPT THESE PEOPLE'. You can then enter the GROUP you created into that list, instead of individual people. Or you can just enter the specific person ..

the best way to test this is to make a fake facebook account, add it as a friend and see if it works. thats what i did to ensure i did things right.

Archived