Really? 2 inches makes that much difference?

Timbone

I do know better, it just makes it more difficult on the dating front when people demand that people be an exact way or else.

It's just shallow.

Tho I probably think that way because I would never treat someone that way because of something so meaningless.

If what you treasure in people is their personality, heart.. the "deeper" things in life, then focus on that instead. Think of yourself in such terms and find a women who fits your standards.

I think you are falling into the same trap I do where you think too much about what they want and not enough about what you do. It is admirable that you care how others feel, as many are the exact opposite, but you should probably shift the focus in this regard.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If what you treasure in people is their personality, heart.. the "deeper" things in life, then focus on that instead. Think of yourself in such terms and find a women who fits your standards.

I think you are falling into the same trap I do where you think too much about what they want and not enough about what you do. It is admirable that you care how others feel, as many are the exact opposite, but you should probably shift the focus in this regard.

I personally wouldn't know what I wanted other than a girl who is nice and funny that doesn't have a STD.

But if they also like short, fat, virgins........and they're not super funny, then i'll be ok with that too. -_-

I personally wouldn't know what I wanted other than a girl who is nice and funny that doesn't have a STD's.

But if they also like short, fat, virgins........and they're not super funny, then i'll be ok with that too. -_-

This post proves my point exactly. You are so focused on how they see you (or how you think they do), you don't even know what you want. You should probably also stop describing yourself in such a negative way. You could say something like loving, burly, and cuddly for example.

This post proves my point exactly. You are so focused on how they see you (or how you think they do), you don't even know what you want. You should probably also stop describing yourself in such a negative way. You could say something like loving, burly, and cuddly for example.

Well, i've never cuddled before, so I wouldn't know if i'm cuddly.

Maybe likeable?

I personally like strikingly handsome.

Well, i've never cuddled before, so I wouldn't know if i'm cuddly.

Maybe likeable?

I personally like strikingly handsome.

Okay, so likable, stikingly handsome, and burly. You can start calling yourself those things. I'll be on the lookout.. better not catch your "short, fat, virgin" posts anymore

Okay, so likable, stikingly handsome, and burly. You can start calling yourself those things. I'll be on the lookout.. better not catch your "short, fat, virgin" posts anymore

The handsome thing was a joke.

I think i'm likeable. Atleast over the net I can be. Dunno about in person.

I've never been mr friend maker.

And oddly enough no female has never made any comments about my height.

But the short, fat, virgin thign is true.

Most men I've dated were really tall for some reason. HOwever, I've had crushes on men who were my height exactly, which is 5'6...5'8 is not that bad...I've dated a guy shorter than me...which, I really didn't like that he was shorter...

lol. Good post!!

As for me, Meh, I don't "get it" either that there are so many women with such strong preferences for height. Well, maybe because I'm only 5'2 myself and so virtually all men are my height or taller. And I don't care one way or the other, I wouldn't pass by a great man who was shorter than me because of a few inches (or more).

It's hard enough finding a compatible partner!!

Well, so then we get the sometimes hilarious spin off to this which is : men usually lying a few inches onto their height on the on-line dating sites. lol.

What a world where 5'8 is considered "not very tall"!! Yeah, people are getting taller and taller...

I can't really get made a girls passing me because I am 5'8''. For me, I cannot stand if women are taller than me and it is a huge turn off. Doesn't matter what I think about them otherwise, I cannot get over it.

I can't really get made a girls passing me because I am 5'8''. For me, I cannot stand if women are taller than me and it is a huge turn off. Doesn't matter what I think about them otherwise, I cannot get over it.

Oh for me exactly my height (5'7") or an inch or two taller wouldn't bother me at all.. Although the odds of a girl this height liking me have proven not to be good, so I stopped actively looking at girls this tall.

There are plenty of cute girls out there shorter than 5'8" - so why stress the others?

I am only 5'7" and I know this limits my possibilities, but what can I do about it? * * * * * and moan, or be happy with what I *do* have and find someone who likes me for who I am?

Last night I was out with some friends and a new guy joined our group, he couldn't have been taller than 5'3" or so, but he came out, had a good time, talked to some girls (most of whom were much taller than him). If he can do it, anyone can.

Let's face it, for most girls, height is a factor in a attraction. It's not a dealbreaker for all of them, but for most of them, the taller, the better (to a certain point). However, even at a below average height (like myself, at 5'7"), I know that there are a lot of attractive women out there shorter than myself who would have no problem dating a guy like me.

Don't worry about the ones who don't want you - focus on the ones that do!

I never really understood the petite women desiring extra tall guys. It seems like the shorter the woman, the more strict she is of her partner's height. I know this may not be the case, but it just appears that way from experience.

I can name you loads of guys who are shorter than average, but attractive as hell.

Here goes (all are/under 5'9" i think):

Liam Gallagher

Al Pacino

Johnny Depp (not sure about this one but he's definitely not tall)

Tony Leung

Michael Owen

Well the list goes on... you don't have to be 6 foot with a handsome face to be attractive - especially as a guy. There're all these unexplainable qualities in guys that make them attractive..e.g. for Liam, he's got this rebellion in him that i find incredibly sexy (but then it differs person to person cos i know loads of people who find him obnoxious).

Anyway, im only 5'2" but i never felt like i needed to be taller to make me feel better about myself, so i never wear high heels or anything like that. the same should go for guys..! if you are not proud of who you are.. then you will be never be able to attract others even if you are say, 6'2".

I never really understood the petite women desiring extra tall guys. It seems like the shorter the woman, the more strict she is of her partner's height. I know this may not be the case, but it just appears that way from experience.

Maybe they are worried they will have short kids? I've heard women give that excuse before.

Archived