Question for the Ladies - Creepy?

GernBlanston

Wai wai wai wait a sec.

From what I'm reading, it's almost as if girls don't want a conversation with someone they aren't attracted to; but it's almost PUA like to basically ask someone out without some sort of conversation.

Maybe I've misread a few things but it seems to me Gern and I are pretty much being proved right (you need some sort indicator of interest, even just a simple smile. not much but something).

Most girls I have seen said it didn't matter as long as the person wasn't hitting on them. Which poster said they would care about the looks of some guy just talking to them?

Most girls I have seen said it didn't matter as long as the person wasn't hitting on them.

Maybe it's just a mis-match of definitions. If you go talk to a pretty girl when you have no reason to then you pretty much are hitting on her to see if you want to ask her out.

Maybe it's just a mis-match of definitions. If you go talk to a pretty girl when you have no reason to then you pretty much are hitting on her to see if you want to ask her out.

Not necessarily.

It really depends. I have guys come up to me to ask for directions, wanting to be study partners, asking me about my university, wanting to talk about something I said in class, asking me about what's fun to do on weekends.

I really doubt that many people are hitting on me. And most guys who ask to be study partners really are only interested in studying.

But, if a guy out of nowhere comes over and just asks me my name and a bunch of questions about me....yeah, he's probably hitting on me. It's pretty rare for guys to do that though.

Not necessarily.

It really depends. I have guys come up to me to ask for directions, wanting to be study partners, asking me about my university, wanting to talk about something I said in class, asking me about what's fun to do on weekends.

I really doubt that many people are hitting on me. And most guys who ask to be study partners really are only interested in studying.

But, if a guy out of nowhere comes over and just asks me my name and a bunch of questions about me....yeah, he's probably hitting on me. It's pretty rare for guys to do that though.

Ya. Think of anythinggg. anything at all. anything but "hey, i just had to say hi because you're so pretty blah blah blah". omg, nooooooooooo. no. NO!

Good arguments !! it is really enlightening to see the different opinions of all women here. I must say that I never put in my mind that hitting on a women in malls, concerts..etc will make me creepy, though.

I have approached many pretty women in different contexts and I remember asking myself........woow why would this supermodel look alike give you her email or phone number for a hook up?!! I think some pretty women out there are lonely and men afraid to approach them.

Ya. Think of anythinggg. anything at all. anything but "hey, i just had to say hi because you're so pretty blah blah blah". omg, nooooooooooo. no. NO!

Well even if you don't use some pick up line it's pretty obvious a lot that someone is chatting you up. Heck sometimes even saying Hi it's obvious they want to get a conversation with you to suss you out just a little.

Well even if you don't use some pick up line it's pretty obvious a lot that someone is chatting you up. Heck sometimes even saying Hi it's obvious they want to get a conversation with you to suss you out just a little.

Think of SOMETHING, ANYTHING to talk about.

Just coming over to say 'hi' is rather weird, suspicious, and awkward.

I've been stalked before and it was a pretty bad experience. Women are taught to be weary of strangers.

It may seem like a nice thing to do but if you don't have anything to talk about (seriously, make something up) then I'm going to have my defenses up.

Say something like 'hey, I'm shopping for my sister...she asked for clothes...I'm overwhelmed. I bet she'd like that jacket though. Where did you get it? I'm gary by the way".

Also, get a cute dog and walk it everywhere. I can never resist a dog. It'll pull me in the vicinity of you.

Good arguments !! it is really enlightening to see the different opinions of all women here. I must say that I never put in my mind that hitting on a women in malls, concerts..etc will make me creepy, though.

I have approached many pretty women in different contexts and I remember asking myself........woow why would this supermodel look alike give you her email or phone number for a hook up?!! I think some pretty women out there are lonely and men afraid to approach them.

it really depends on the girl. some girls like it. i know many that do, actually. it's just *my* personal preference. i don't like it when guys come on too strong and hitting on me *directly* AND *right off the bat* is too strong.

Archived