Open Club  ·  38 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Gift recommendations...

VincentVega

Hi! I have a female friend who is bored, frustrated and done with living where we are. She's going away for a year to France to hang out , do some part time job and 'find herself'. I want to give her something that could help her but I can't think of anything. Not loooking exclusively for a self-help book but something that will mean something to her.

Any suggestions?

Well, he had sort of a fling that became nothing. We hung out a lot and eventually something happened but I decided to just be friends. She took it well and here we are. So, I'm not interested in her romantically but I care for her a lot.

Her stong interest is trova music. Hmm... have to think about it though, because I really can't remember anything else.

How about one of those "What to do" or "Where to go", in France? This might motivate her to get out and going, while in France.

If you can find a biography about someone like Pepe Sanchez, the grandfather of Trova and Bolero, that's something she might like unless she's not a biography person.

Look up the book "Eat, Pray, Love"

See if it suits what you're after.

Its basically about a woman going out and travelling to find herself. But it deals with her divorce, so not sure about that part.

Thats what came to my mind.

Archived