Started therapy...still need help

howdy

Hi all. Here is the background info:

forum/showthread.php?p=3465241#post3465241

Basically, I started counseling today. Turns out I'm not crazy, sexually abused, or neglected in any way. Good to know.

We did establish that the majority of my issues stem from our breakup 10 years ago. I didn't have these walls and fears before him.

I've realized my pattern. After him I immediately jumped to replace him. I married too soon. Then, when I started to realize that marriage was going down the crapper, I immediately jumped into another relationship, a child, and then the marriage. I've been single for about 7 months now. I did have a "friend", but we were nothing but sex.

Now, the guy from 10 years ago is wondering why I am not in love with him. I do love him. Very much. But I don't have that "tummy flop" feeling that I used to have. I wouldn't lay everything down for him now. I can't ever see myself getting lost in him like I was years ago.

I WANT that tummy flop feeling though. I remember how good we used to be together. I love him for who he is, he's an amazing person. Funny, caring, honest, trustworthy, and a fantastic role model for my child.

But I don't know how to break these walls down. I don't know how to "let go" and fall in love. What do I do? Yes, I'll still be attending therapy, but she hasn't really given me a "game plan" ...

any advice?

Archived