Should I postpone the date?

ConfusedDater

Ladies if you went to the Hairdresser and they messed up your hair and you had a date scheduled this weekend would you postpone it? My barber did a horrible job on my hair today and I'm so upset and was wondering should I postpone the date? I want my hair to look right when I meet someone for the first time. I was all set to go on my first date since November and now this happens.

Thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not too important. If you got the date she already shows some interest in you. If you act the same as you did when you asked her out you won't have a prob

I doubt very seriously if a girl would still go on a date with a guy if her hair was a disaster

^^ I'm assuming she has seen you prior to the butchering job?? If so, women are very forgiving in this department. Hair grows back. We've all had a bad trim at the barber or salon it happens.

Perhaps a baseball cap? Take her to a game and buy her a bratwurst and Molson lite.

^^ I'm assuming she has seen you prior to the butchering job?? If so, women are very forgiving in this department. Hair grows back. We've all had a bad trim at the barber or salon it happens.

Perhaps a baseball cap? Take her to a game and buy her a bratwurst and Molson lite.

Great idea but replace bratwurst with hotdog and molson lite with bud lite.

Look at it this way CD: if a girl canceled a date on YOU b/c her hair didn't look great, you'd come on here and bad mouth her. Do you really think this is ok for you to do?

It's not important b/c if you got the date already and she's seen you already, she probably thinks you're at least somewhat attractive. Why can't you just try to style it a little bit to cover up the butcher job? Or just joke with her that you got a bad haircut. Make light of it. Don't C-block yourself b/c you think looks are 100 % the most important thing.

I would think showing up with whacked hair would show that you either have any or all of the following qualities, good sense of humor, confidence, carefree attitude..

cancelling because your hair is whacky is pretty much telling date you are too uptight to handle a date + something that went wrong.

Have you ever gone on a date and thought "man this girl has GREAT hair. I'm gonna go out with her again"? Really, if that's all you're looking for, then you may need to reexamine why you're dating.

I agree, just make a joke about it and let it go--you could even do so before the date so she knows to expect odd hair, lol. It could be a cute story for the two of you down the line if things work out long-term!

I think are overly concerned about it. There are far more important things (physical and non-physical) to judge you on other than your hair. And I doubt it looks that bad. Don't find excuses to not go on the date. You may not get another chance if you cancel. She might think you just made an excuse to be nice because you have another date or something. Or she might think you are being a flaky player-type.

don't mention it before the date then she'll focus on that

more than likely i'm assuming she's seen a picture of you correct? so she's at least attracted to your face, go with the date like usual then maybe make a small joke about the next time you guys talk (assuming the date goes well)

if you don't hear from her again it's definitely, definitely not the hair unless it's just seriously drastic as in a shaved head now instead of a full head of hair etc

Well if it's any help I had a similar dilemma earlier this week. I went to get my eyebrows waxed and t didn't quite work out. I just thought meh, it's not overly noticeable and went on the date anyway. He didn't seem to notice and asked me out on a second date

you ask for female advice - we give it - you say you know women enough

you ask for job advice - we give it - you say you know the career world enough

where did your confidence go? go to another barber and get it fixed. even if you have to shave your head.

I agree, you could always get it cut again? How much does it cost to get your hair cut? It can't be too expensive. I think it would look worse canceling the date. If I was meeting a guy for the first time and he canceled, I wouldn't be too impressed.

Just be confident in yourself, I'm sure it looks worse to you because it is not what you wanted. We are our own worst critics.

Archived