How many of you were...

EQD

Check all that apply  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Check all that apply

• I was an accident, defied the odds
    • I wasnt an accident, my parents planned my greatness
    • I Had an 'accident' child. (you know you're happy you did though!)
    • I planned a kid, and got one! how sweet is that?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was earlier than expected, my parents had booked a wedding and my mum was half way through her pregnancy when she married, my sister was carefully planned.

I was talking about this today, for the first time I realised im old enough that If i got pregnant by accident I could look after it. Weird!

me and my SO are accidents.

my mom had severe PID, they said she couldnt concieve and then she proceeded to have me and my brother. not on purpose though.

my SO was concieved many years after his mom's tubes were tied. just when they thought they were safe.. heehee

I was planned. My mom had cervical cancer and was told she should not try to have another child for a period of time. The night the doctor told her she could start trying again was the night I was conceived. ...or so the story goes.

Our child was not planned. But some things are just too good to be planned. The best things always happen when you're planning for other things!

I was planned..... all of my 3 siblings were (well, only 2 siblings now) - one of my friends was a "cruise" accident,her mom was on holiday in Phillippines and had a one nighter with some random guy and 9 months later, there she was.... But Im so glad about it! Its funny how coincidences determine a human person life.

I was planned (my brother was not, LOL)..

My son wasn't planned but am glad it happened

These two were planned but didn't expect it to happen so soon. Excited either way.

i'm so glad for you yellow, you sound like you are in a much better place mentally than where you were.

I was a planned and loved child but due to ovarian cysts thought I was unable to conceive and my son was an accident, not a good one but maybe in the future he'll surprise me. My daughter however was planned and it really makes a difference in how you parent.

I was a planned and loved child but due to ovarian cysts thought I was unable to conceive and my son was an accident, not a good one but maybe in the future he'll surprise me. My daughter however was planned and it really makes a difference in how you parent.

So, you parent your daughter differently than your son because she was planned?

ouchies.

so the daughter makes the balance of the two kids worth it?

I was an accident and a bastard child .. BUT... my parents did the whole "so uh... we kinda went and had a kid... wanna get hitched?" thing... and they are still happily married today. Retired and traveling a lot even, and haven't even killed each other.

My older half brother, I'm assuming was a surprise as well. And my younger brother... pretty sure he was wanted, yet not tried for specifically. I don't really ask these questions though.

There is no category for "had an unhappy accident" or "an accident you didn't get to keep"

Yes I have parented them differently because I wasn't happy about becoming a mom at 21, when I became one and I was more distant. He calls me mom for example she still calls me mama. Plus he's special needs and very hard to manage, smart, helpful in a ruins stuff kind of way, but he tries. I love them both but I tend to favor her she's docile in comparison so much easier. I've learned how to parent better in the interim is part of it. I'm better about teaching rather than expecting certain behaviors. He's 13 she's 6.

Archived