Has anyone found jobs on Craigslist?

I've applied for several jobs on Craigslist over the past year and have only received one offer. The majority of the companies don't even get back to me.

It seems like most of the jobs listed do not require bachelor's degrees. I happen to list mine regardless.

Has anyone had a great deal of success with this website?

Not as a job seeker, but the company I work for has advertised open positions on craigslist...kind of as an experiment to see what would happen.

They mostly use it for entry-level positions.

My supervisor has interviewed several people off the craigslist ads, but we ended up filling the position with someone who wanted to transfer over from another department.

I haven't tried looking for jobs on craigslist, but my experience with other career finder websites is that the jobs are very difficult to get. Every lazy person in your area is probably on there looking and applying for those same jobs. You are better off looking up the names of some companies in your area and finding openings on their websites.

I have hired people for contract jobs via the "gigs" section. It's easy and (in some cities) free to post job listings on CL, so you get a lot of spammy or fake posts.

I know someone who wanted to see what her competition is for a certain position, so she spent $25 on making a job post. This way, she could both see what she's up against AND steal any good cover letter ideas. Not the most ethical thing, I know.

However, there are plenty of legit jobs. The trick is to respond early, and put something eye-catching in the subject line of your email (not "Re: Your Post").

I've applied for several jobs on Craigslist over the past year and have only received one offer. The majority of the companies don't even get back to me.

It seems like most of the jobs listed do not require bachelor's degrees. I happen to list mine regardless.

Has anyone had a great deal of success with this website?

Doesn't a job offer mean you had success? I have been on 4 interviews through craiglist and have yet to receive a offer. So I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Not as a job seeker, but the company I work for has advertised open positions on craigslist...kind of as an experiment to see what would happen.

They mostly use it for entry-level positions.

My supervisor has interviewed several people off the craigslist ads, but we ended up filling the position with someone who wanted to transfer over from another department.

Not something I wanted to hear now I really feel like companies maybe making a fool out of me like your company did to those other people.

I have gotten a job once off of craigslist. In my recent experience though, I've found that it's hard to even get called back when you send your resume through e-mail, because SO many people are applying for the same job. I've had better luck faxing my resume with cover letter, or even going to the office in person.

I have gotten a job once off of craigslist. In my recent experience though, I've found that it's hard to even get called back when you send your resume through e-mail, because SO many people are applying for the same job. I've had better luck faxing my resume with cover letter, or even going to the office in person.

I don't buy that either because I faxed my resume to ads seen on CL and gotten replies back the same day or the next day. It depends on how qualified you are for the job and your background.

Archived