New boyfriend, but hes frustrated with me!

Hannah13

Ok, so i have a new boyfriend. We've been dating about 1 month, but have been hangin out for about 2-3 months. I like him ALOT so far, he's an amazing guy and everything ive wanted.

But, he says he cant tell i like him. He says im kinda cold and not very good at this relationship. My best friend thinks its because of my last relationship, which really scarred me emotionally, because of cheating/lying/manipulation that went on for 2 years.

So, what can i do for this? How should i act and how can i show more emotion? What things can i do to show him a like him alot, & that i want a future w him? How can i be a better gf?

Have you told him a little bit about your past relationship? Help him to understand why you sometimes act this way and tell him you just need some time to adjust to this new relationship that makes you so happy. Just be open and honest. Communication really is the most important part of a relationship.

As someone who was on the receiving end of this too...PLEASE find the strength to open up, he deserves the chance and it sounds like you are happy together, he is innocent to whatever happened to you in the past.

Just do the basics very well - communciation needs to be two ways, gestures need to be also, tell him you appreciate him, things like that.

Good Luck.

i agree, let your guard down a bit. you know, just tell him that you had a bad previous relationship, that it's made it harder for you to open up, but that you do like him and want to see where things go. from there, i dunno - try to do some nice things for him, like send him a text message asking how he's doing, maybe cook him some dinner, or rub his shoulders or whatever. tell him you had fun on your last date. show appreciation for the things he does.

Archived