Which do you prefer...(another looks vs. personality poll)

Seymore

Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather date in the opposite sex (or same sex if it applies)?

• Sweetness/personality - 9/10, looks - 10/10
    • Sweetness/personality - 10/10, looks - 9/10

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have no reference to what a 9 vs a 10 means. Although it doesnt matter what you look like, its just the inner confidence you have that attracks people, beautiful people just have a easier time finding that person inside them

The point of making it so high isn't completely relevant - I just wanted people to imagine their ideal person personality wise and looks-wise, the ideal for each person being 10/10. So take the hottest guy/girl you can think of and the sweetest person with the best personality you can think of. I figured I'd make it a little tougher to decide by only having a difference by an increment of one, but alas, I guess that kinda flopped. People will go way further down on looks for a better personality. Good to see.

Why be with someone if they look fantastic but have a no personality. That's what blow up dolls are for haha. But I suppose 9/10 isn't exactly no personality...

yea 9/10 on personality is still really good. it's definitely dateable. but i would rather have a 10/10, someone who is perfect for me, than someone who just looks perfect for me but are lacking in personality.

i have no reference to what a 9 vs a 10 means.

LOL...exactly. I had no idea that it was all so scientific. If you would go no lower than a 6/10 for looks....how do you know when someone gets there? Is there a chart or something? Or are you just guessing?

i have no reference to what a 9 vs a 10 means. Although it doesnt matter what you look like, its just the inner confidence you have that attracks people, beautiful people just have a easier time finding that person inside them

i would like to add the word *might*

because you can be physically appealing and have 0 confidence.

and that person inside of them isnt always 'wonderful'

spiritually attractive or unattractive we all live on the same playing feild.. same potential imo.

LOL...exactly. I had no idea that it was all so scientific. If you would go no lower than a 6/10 for looks....how do you know when someone gets there? Is there a chart or something? Or are you just guessing?

^ it's just a personal approximation.

6 is like not terribly attractive but slightly more so than the average person. the average person evokes no real feelings or thought of 'ugly' or 'pretty' to look at.

its a complex equation that runs like a background program on a computer... involves alot of "0's and 1's" and even a few 2's just because we have that extra human dimension.

Physical attraction is yet another measure of human compatability

^ it's just a personal approximation.

But how do you reference it? How do you think "he's a 5"....or do you even think that? I can't imagine ever thinking that...do people really have a number ranking in their head?

I just react...attractive vs not attractive?

But how do you reference it? How do you think "he's a 5"....or do you even think that? I can't imagine ever thinking that...do people really have a number ranking in their head?

I would think:

1- ugliest you've ever seen

2-average

3-most physically attractive you've ever seen

that's what i meant by personal. like EQD said, a 5 is an "average" person that you can't say is unattractive nor attractive. to me someone who is a 6 is attractive in some ways but not someone who i'd be staring at when i first meet them.

I would think:

1- ugliest you've ever seen

2-average

3-most physically attractive you've ever seen

More like that for me. I think I maybe have 4 graduations. But this 9/10 vs 10/10 stuff seems a bit too micro for me. I think maybe with such rankings we are not seeing the forest for all the trees.

Archived