Curious, what's your highest level of education?

jengh

What is your level of education?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of education?

• High School
    • In college
    • Bachelor's
    • Master's
    • Doctorate

^^ to go for my masters program I have to maintain at least a 3.0

That's standard. Depending on how competitive your program is, you'll have to get much higher than that to be accepted. And even higher to get funding.

That's why I used to poison my classmates with cannibus seeds in their coffee.

...just kidding...

really...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's standard. Depending on how competitive your program is, you'll have to get much higher than that to be accepted. And even higher to get funding.

That's why I used to poison my classmates with cannibus seeds in their coffee.

...just kidding...

really...

All the people in my lab group got mad at me one night because i didnt want to really do any work. so i just used their info and wrote my own report and ended up getting a better grade then everyone else..lmao

I have a Grad Cert in Management and then Masters in Business. Im now in the final year of a Psychology degree. This has all been done over the past ten years and while working fulltime.

I didnt finish high school and got into the Grad Cert based on my employers referee reports.

embersblue

Master's. I have considered going for a PhD, but...eh....in my major (English) it would take 5-7 more years, and I'm not really up for that right now, particularly the expense.

It would jack me up the pay scale significantly, but...it would be very expensive, time-consuming, and stressful. I will continue to ponder it, though...

I have an Associates of Science in Information Technology, after getting another lay off I found a part time gig as a computer instructor for a vocational school. This school is funded mainly by government grants and helps who have recently been laid off obtain new skills (How ironic for me) It's helping to pay the bills and I actually enjoy it a lot,hoping I'll eventually go full time.

Hmmm this sucks I am actually using my degree to better people in the community yet an associates is not even worth mentioning in this poll?

I have a BA in English Literature (not even a year old) and I'm starting my masters program (library and information science) this fall.

Currently, I work at a library, so not in my undergrad. field, but in my soon-to-be graduate field. I totally worked in the editing field all through college, though, so don't ask my why I'm not doing that as a career...oh, right...I love libraries.

I've got a masters in linguistics. Thought about doing a PhD and becoming an academic, but only very briefly.

Ended up switching track completely and I'm now in medical school

Oh wow, that's a major switch!!! Good luck in med school, that's great. What kind of medicine?

I will have my BA in Psychology in the coming weeks. (That is, if my professor doesn't fail me for personal reasons. I will die, but I digress).

I really don't want to go for a Master's, and I don't plan on it for a while but I am obviously afraid I will never find work without one. My gpa just isn't spectacular since I stopped caring (3.06).

*pops a xanax*

I really want to either find work in case management or be a probation officer.

Finished my Bachelor's in Software Engineering.

I currently work in my field and love it.

Because my degree and experience is pretty good for a graduate I feel like I should be at 1-2 levels above my current position but I will get there eventually right? I really love my boss cause she lets me do work above my level to put on my resumé! (instead of being so micro-managerial and anal about "ppl stealing her work" which happens a lot at the govt)

I'd like to go back for a post-grad certificate or masters in IT Project Management / MBA when I do get my promotion. (paid by the job if I go part-time or with my grants full time)

I have an Associates of Science in Information Technology, after getting another lay off I found a part time gig as a computer instructor for a vocational school. This school is funded mainly by government grants and helps who have recently been laid off obtain new skills (How ironic for me) It's helping to pay the bills and I actually enjoy it a lot,hoping I'll eventually go full time.

Hmmm this sucks I am actually using my degree to better people in the community yet an associates is not even worth mentioning in this poll?

what`s an associate

I've got a masters in linguistics. Thought about doing a PhD and becoming an academic, but only very briefly.

Ended up switching track completely and I'm now in medical school

I thought about medical school (as my doctor said I would be a good surgeon), but the debt load would be as high as what I'm carrying for engineering. I had been admitted to a top law school in the northeast, but couldn't afford to quit working to go full time so that ended. So just pursuing another aspect of engineering or science next time around.... thinking physics, or spacecraft engineering.

Archived