My perfect guy

Pr0vocative

1) Would be between the ages 18-23

2) Enjoys holding my hand in public and isn't afraid of public affection nor is he OVERLY publicly affectionate

3) Gets to know my friends

4) Realises how precious our relationship is and would do anything before letting it go. A guy whos faithful and doesn't try get around things with technicalities

5) A best friend and someone who will be silly with me

6) A guy who will do stupid stuff like go to the park and the swings, drive me somewhere with no destination and have picnics on the living room floor

7) A guy who understands that when I'm older I wanna be married with a part time job, someone that devotes my life to my husband and have a husband who feels mutually towards me and eventually kids

8 ) A romantic guy who will surprise me and spend lots of time with me

9) Someone who makes an effort with their apperance some of the time, especially if we go out

10) lots of texts and e-mails

11) Can hold long intelligent conversations with me and fully accepts me for my talents and flaws

12) A guy who will let me lay on their lap when they're playing video games and will accept the fact that as hard as I try I suck at them and doesn't make me feel so bad about it

Is this impossible to find?

I think definitely theres a guy like that maybe you will even meet him. Maybe its not even that uncommon.

But what I think is that some of the qualities you listed wont be so strong, and/or he will have also qualities you dont like very much. I dont think there is one guy that is EXACTLY like what you describe, in the degree, without a bad quality. You will have to compromise or not set your standards to so high

I think definitely theres a guy like that maybe you will even meet him. Maybe its not even that uncommon.

But what I think is that some of the qualities you listed wont be so strong, and/or he will have also qualities you dont like very much. I dont think there is one guy that is EXACTLY like what you describe, in the degree, without a bad quality. You will have to compromise or not set your standards to so high

I really don't think those standards are high at all.

I really don't think those standards are high at all.

I agree, definitely not high at all & I can add about 20 other things to that list & still would think its not too high lol.

Dont set your standards too low, because there are great men out there!

What if you met a guy who met all critera except the one about knowing and getting along with your friends? Would you prioritize him over them?

If he didn't get along with my friends, I'd probably not date him.

Frankly, there is no reason to not like them. You don't have to LOVE my friends. But, you have to play nicely.

If he didn't get along with my friends, I'd probably not date him.

Frankly, there is no reason to not like them. You don't have to LOVE my friends. But, you have to play nicely.

I don't see why. Do you really need your boyfriend to spend time with you and your friends? Can't you separate it out (because they don't get along) and then decide how much time you want to allocate to him and them?

I understand having friends is important but I don't understand why all your friends need to like each other. It's like not being friends with X because you are already friends with Y given X and Y dislike each other. Just keep them apart and don't get involved in disputes.

I don't see why. Do you really need your boyfriend to spend time with you and your friends? Can't you separate it out (because they don't get along) and then decide how much time you want to allocate to him and them?

I understand having friends is important but I don't understand why all your friends need to like each other. It's like not being friends with X because you are already friends with Y given X and Y dislike each other. Just keep them apart and don't get involved in disputes.

Because if he didn't get along with my friends, he would be an unreasonable person. There is no reason to not like my friends. So, to suddenly decide you don't like them...I don't put up with dramatic people. I get along with just about everyone.

Because if he didn't get along with my friends, he would be an unreasonable person. There is no reason to not like my friends. So, to suddenly decide you don't like them...I don't put up with dramatic people. I get along with just about everyone.

I don't think it is appropriate to conclude the guy would be unreasonable or dramatic. I don't think it is the case people can just get along with anyone due to personality differences unless they are masking their real personality and behaving according to some standard perceived by society to be mild mannered and generically polite. Then it comes down to whether you want your boyfriend to just put on a facade for the sake of your friends and further you can question whether he's just putting on a facade for you. Or ask yourself if you want him to get along with your friends because deep down you need others to validate your choice of boyfriend, indicating a lack of confidence in your own judgement, perhaps.

Archived