After 2 months of NC I had to go and text him....

Well, after two months of NC I went out last night and saw some famous basketball players from our favorite team. So of course I texted him about it and he responded this morning. I should have just let it go but we continued to text and I told him I missed talking to him and he said the same and that anytime I wanted to call I could. I told him I'm graduating this semester and he was super excited and supportive, asking questions etc...

I'm pretty much O.K. but I just feel defeated. How long is this going to last.... When will I finally just put it all behind me and not feel the urge to text or call. I mean it's coming up to a year since he broke up with me. I don't know much about his life but from what I hear through the grapevine he is doing super well, traveling all over the world, dating gorgeous women, while I..... let's just say things are looking kind of bleak for me. I know I should just get back on the NC path but now he'll probably call soon to catch up and since I'm the one who reached out yesterday and told him to call anytime as well, I feel like it's childish to continue ignoring him. I'm so conflicted. But I am happy we talked and like I said I don't feel tooo bad. Any advice or support?

I would suggest going back to no-contact. I hate to say it but it sounds like hes doing fine without you and most likely does not want you back. Trying to have a platonic relationship with him will probably just add to your heartache and may make you regress into missing him all the time. By going back to no contact, it will help you move on, but its nice you may have gotten some closure. Focus on the future and find somebody who makes you happy, you sound like a really sweet girl and should have no problem finding somebody once you change your thinking.

Archived