Did I get the job?

Double J

Hello,

I had two interviews with a great local company for an excellent position. I took several exams and was informed during the second meeting that I was still up against a handful of candidates.

Today I received a call from human resources telling me they would like me to meet with them next week.

I remember clearly that the interviewer told she would pick the winner this week, after which HR would take over. The interviewer herself (my would-be supervisor) hasn't extended a formal offer yet, but I take it this might be a good sign?

I know that some companies -- especially the larger kinds -- usually conduct drug/background checks on the chosen candidate and wait for everything to go through successfully before officially saying "you got the job."

Do you guys think my chances are good? Have any of you gotten hired as such?

Today I received a call from human resources telling me they would like me to meet with them next week.

I remember clearly that the interviewer told she would pick the winner this week, after which HR would take over.

Oh lord, the dreaded HR dept. I've only dealt with one once, at Pier 1 Imports, and all I can say is if your experience is anything like mine get ready for more of those stupid "Have you ever stolen from your employer" written tests where every question is asked 4 times using different words and the right answer is to start at the bottom because they expect you to be badgered and honest at that point.

Gak. Good luck!

Archived