Was I that wrong?

ibenhad

Originally Posted by Sketch

If you are not able, then you are unable, it's simple.

If you are able and decide not to, I have a feeling whoever is on the other end of the phone trying to get a hold of you would think that being snubbed, for no reason in particular, is also rude behaviour.

Lady00 wrote:

But it seems you are saying that some people find it rude. Yes?

Yes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lado00 wrote:

Well...yes, some people would find it rude...but I don't see why that matters. If people want to be unreasonable, they can. Doesn't mean that the other person is doing anything wrong.

Because it is affecting him as well as her. He posted a thread on it. Understanding the underlying reasons that motivate people to unreasonable/irrational behaviour helps to resolve the problem and prevent it from happening in the future.

If that means he has to support her through counseling, leave the relationship, or whatever choice is ultimately made. Ignoring the calls works for the average person because they don't have someone ringing them 1000 times. I don't see that as a long term solution for this couple and if people aren't working towards a solution what are they doing? Being stubborn I guess, I don't know...

Lado00 wrote:

Because it is affecting him as well as her. He posted a thread on it. Understanding the underlying reasons that motivate people to unreasonable/irrational behaviour helps to resolve the problem and prevent it from happening in the future.

If that means he has to support her through counseling, leave the relationship, or whatever choice is ultimately made. Ignoring the calls works for the average person because they don't have someone ringing them 1000 times. I don't see that as a long term solution for this couple and if people aren't working towards a solution what are they doing? Being stubborn I guess, I don't know...

I think the long-term solution is for her to change her behavior. Hopefully the counseling is helping her do that.

Archived