3rd grade Science Project

thouse

your son should come up with some ideas! that's the whole thing. tell him to think about something he finds interesting.... and explore ideas from there. should be a testable hypothesis. i remember in school, some people had projects like, "which paper towel picks up the most liquid?" (however, i won my middle school science fair, i did a lot more complicated experiments. i've always been into science. )

I have what I feel are two solid ideas that I did. The first is to sho the evolution of a frog from egg to frog. He can use clay to do this. First is just a clay egg then a tadpole then a tadpole with backlegs and tail. Them a tadpole ith backlegs, frontlegs, and just a little tail. Then finally just a frog. Have a little display behind it with some text that explains the various developmental cycles.

Second idea that won state for me is to find a cookie recipe and bake a regular cookie and then systematically bake several other cookies but leave out one ingredient and then show what cookies look like if you leave one ingrediet out. Some of the cookies turn out hilarious. Reinforces the idea that every ingredient counts.

Archived