Are all American men into casual dating? (I'm a foreigner)

lonely rose

I also think there is a lot of confusion between "casual dating" and "casual sex." I dated people where we were not yet exclusive, and in the distant past i had a few dating relationships that probably had little potential to ever be serious. I never had casual sex and would never have sex with more than one person at the same time.

And, now with the badly named "FWB" there is also confusion between casual dating and "FWB" - to me casual dating is where two people go out together often in public, for a meal, for the theater, for a hike, another activity - and sometimes they are trying to see if there is potential for an exclusive relationship and other times they just enjoy each other's company whether or not sex is involved. FWB is often a euphemistic name for sex buddies where two people get together mainly for the purpose of having sex with no potential for a serious relationship.

If they are truly also friends, then they get together to hang out as friends and have sex, but they probably don't plan dates together or take each other places where they are invited with a date.

Lol, well to answer your question, the answer is no. Your question isn't stupid at all. Some men and women want sex early on, and some are willing to wait. From most of the men I have met, they tend to want sex soon, but i have met a few that were willing to wait because they wanted something serious with me.

Archived