this isn't really a poem..

dogwood

i dont know what this is

sleep has taken over my brain with a fuzz i cannot shake. no sleep, no ethereal rest no wet fingerprints to imprint on my haze. your chocolate brown eyes haunt me and I'm too weak to do anything. off I go, to make music touch my keys, off I go to take solace in those black and whites and dark loud crowds and whiskey. off I go in a deep blur only attaching to what is there right now only giving pieces of me to who or what presents itself right there. even though I'm still swimming in this murk I can't swim fast enough without giving myself and taking you with me.

i dont know what this is

sleep has taken over my brain with a fuzz i cannot shake. no sleep, no ethereal rest no wet fingerprints to imprint on my haze. your chocolate brown eyes haunt me and I'm too weak to do anything. off I go, to make music touch my keys, off I go to take solace in those black and whites and dark loud crowds and whiskey. off I go in a deep blur only attaching to what is there right now only giving pieces of me to who or what presents itself right there. even though I'm still swimming in this murk I can't swim fast enough without giving myself and taking you with me.

I love the flow...