Boyfriend is Really being Loving

thouse

And it's not like him!!!! We broke up last year and we have gotten back together. Now he does all the things I have wanted him to do and it seems weird. Like last night he called me and said " I just wanted to tell you I love you and that I was thinking about you" Or in our previous relationship I would always be the one to call or text. Now he either calls or texts everyday. Not that I don't love the attention I really do, but I guess I kind of want to know what it means?? He's really macho and alpha male like so for him to send me a text saying "he hopes I have a good day, and I love you" (which he did in the beginning of the week) is a big deal.

How can you not when you think its what you want and theyre being so nice, sorry i probs shouldnt be writing in this thread tonight im feeling pretty negative

take it for what it is at face value. if it changes, question that. i never said put your heart out on a plate to get smashed. take it as it is and let him be what he is now.

How long you been back together?

Either he's cheating (don't freak out, just from what I hear some men get more loving and attentive out of guilt) OR (more likely, I think) he realized he was a douche and took you for granted last time and learned his lesson while you were apart and doesn't wanna lose you again..

Just roll with it. Does he seem phony?

take it for what it is at face value. if it changes, question that. i never said put your heart out on a plate to get smashed. take it as it is and let him be what he is now.

Again, how can you not put your heart on a plate when youve got back together cos its what you want and want it to work, you gotta give it your all, right?

I just hope he can sustain it. I have seen a lot of couples break up and get back together and the one that needed to do some changing does do some drastic change in the beginning, but as time wears on the old habits come back. I hope he keeps up the new him but if i were you i woulld not fully believe it will be permanent until six months to a year has passed and i see he can sustain it. i am ont saying to be negative to him right now while it is happening but don't let yourself be lulled into a false sense of security.

Even tho you were together awhile, you just got back together so its like a new relationship for the moment where things are still a bit rosey. Once some time has passed you will know if this is going to last or not. With my first marriage we split and got back together numerous times, and each time we got back together the first six months or so he was pretty much perfect, it took about six months for status quo to sink in and things went back to the way they were prior.

(more likely, I think) he realized he was a douche and took you for granted last time and learned his lesson while you were apart and doesn't wanna lose you again..

Just a thought...if this is the case then you wandering why he's being so loving (he very well could sense the wander) may cause him to change his behaviour thinking you don't appreciate his lovey dovey ways.

Enjoy it. You're a lucky girl.

How long you been back together?

Either he's cheating (don't freak out, just from what I hear some men get more loving and attentive out of guilt) OR (more likely, I think) he realized he was a douche and took you for granted last time and learned his lesson while you were apart and doesn't wanna lose you again..

Just roll with it. Does he seem phony?

We have been back together since about July.

Archived