My supervisor is over friendly

No, I am a new hired employee, she is just my supervisor. Since some co-workers are doing the same way, the company looks it as a "friendly" environment. I felt it is strange, but they are really easy to work with.

You`re right, it`s strange. Just curious, with all this "familiarity", does a decent amount of work get done?

You`re right, it`s strange. Just curious, with all this "familiarity", does a decent amount of work get done?

I work for a very professtional firm that under a lot of pressure and needs to apply government status requirement. Yes, we do a lot of work, but the company also has a lot of parties going on every week.

My supervisor is a beautiful woman; she has been very supportive and friendly to me. But she often hugs and kisses my cheek in the office to thank my hard work. I know she means no harassment, what should I do to response her over friendly behavior? We are both female.

Smile say thank you and not create any problems for yourself.

I'm a non huggy person, and I've had to learn to be ready on the defense, due to the fact that some people consider hugging normal(who will remain nameless. i.e. hippies) . I second what Jaded said. Physical affection in the workplace is inappropriate. Especially in a professional office environment.

I find the blunt approach works best for me. It might not be as easy since she's your superior, but I would just say "don't hug me!" and if she looks confused or wants an explanation (which you shouldn't need to give really).. just say, "I don't like people hugging me." or "I just don't like people hugging me at work." when it comes to asserting your boundaries of how much physical contact you're comfortable with, POLITENESS IS A BAD HABIT. I say this from experience. Lose that politeness. It's your body. You have the authority to not allow people to hug you.

I work for a very professtional firm that under a lot of pressure and needs to apply government status requirement. Yes, we do a lot of work, but the company also has a lot of parties going on every week.

It's inappropriate, especially for the environment. Period. Leave her alone and maintain a professional decorum. Don't hang with her at "office parties". Don't do social things and don't allow yourself to be alone with her. Eventually it will go awry and you'll lose your job.

I would be very tactful, I'm sure it is a personal difference in style. I would tell her how much you admire and respect her, but you have always been a person who is not comfortable with physical contact. Express to her kindly that it would be easier on you if she forgo the hugs and kisses and how much you appreciate her consideration of you in doing so. Be humble and kind, if she has a cultural background that is different, she most likely does not even see that this is making you uncomfortable.

Be friendly, express this in a positive manner.

Archived